Removing Linux Mint

Chat about just about anything else
bennyboy672462
Level 1
Level 1

Removing Linux Mint

Postby bennyboy672462 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:47 am

Hi
I am quite new to the world of computers. I constructed a new computer from scratch so I tried Linux Mint 16 as an operating system as I didn't really want to fork out for Windows. I have had a change of heart and want windows now as I want to use the system for gaming. I cannot find a definitive answer on how to remove Linux mint so I can just have no operating system what so ever and I can start from scratch? is it possible or am I being stupid?
:?

xenopeek
Level 23
Level 23

Re: Removing Linux Mint

Postby xenopeek » Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:50 am

Windows installer should offer to wipe your hard disk. If it doesn't, you can use any common means to format the hard disk.

wayne128
Level 10
Level 10

Re: Removing Linux Mint

Postby wayne128 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:46 am

bennyboy672462 wrote:Hi
I am quite new to the world of computers. I constructed a new computer from scratch so I tried Linux Mint 16 as an operating system as I didn't really want to fork out for Windows. I have had a change of heart and want windows now as I want to use the system for gaming. I cannot find a definitive answer on how to remove Linux mint so I can just have no operating system what so ever and I can start from scratch? is it possible or am I being stupid?
:?

Simple...
and definite answer...

No need to remove Linux OS.

Just boot up with Windows DVD, it can let you delete partition.
then, delete all partition, one at a time.

The hard disk will become totally unallocated
Then, install Windows OS.

Return to “Open chat”