Removing Linux Mint

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
bennyboy672462

Removing Linux Mint

Post by bennyboy672462 »

Hi
I am quite new to the world of computers. I constructed a new computer from scratch so I tried Linux Mint 16 as an operating system as I didn't really want to fork out for Windows. I have had a change of heart and want windows now as I want to use the system for gaming. I cannot find a definitive answer on how to remove Linux mint so I can just have no operating system what so ever and I can start from scratch? is it possible or am I being stupid?
:?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 30 days after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Removing Linux Mint

Post by xenopeek »

Windows installer should offer to wipe your hard disk. If it doesn't, you can use any common means to format the hard disk.
wayne128

Re: Removing Linux Mint

Post by wayne128 »

bennyboy672462 wrote:Hi
I am quite new to the world of computers. I constructed a new computer from scratch so I tried Linux Mint 16 as an operating system as I didn't really want to fork out for Windows. I have had a change of heart and want windows now as I want to use the system for gaming. I cannot find a definitive answer on how to remove Linux mint so I can just have no operating system what so ever and I can start from scratch? is it possible or am I being stupid?
:?

Simple...
and definite answer...

No need to remove Linux OS.

Just boot up with Windows DVD, it can let you delete partition.
then, delete all partition, one at a time.

The hard disk will become totally unallocated
Then, install Windows OS.

Return to “Open Chat”