mint users in Turangi NZ?

Chat about just about anything else
johanna
Level 2
Level 2

mint users in Turangi NZ?

Post by johanna »

Hello all, I am wondering wether there are any linux mint users in Turangi/ New Zealand, or can I find out somehow on this forum?
I live a bit isolated in a small town and it would be good to get together with another linux fan.
Thanks, regards, Johanna

Pierre
Level 20
Level 20

Re: mint users in Turangi NZ?

Post by Pierre »

Perth is a bit far away, me thinks :)

- watch who is "on the forum" at the same time that you are.
as they would be in a similar time zone to you.

- put a advert in your local Library, or on your shopping centre's notice board.
& which is another way to promote Linux. ..
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] - when your problem is solved!
and DO LOOK at those Unanswered Topics - - you may be able to answer some!.

johanna
Level 2
Level 2

Post by johanna »

Thanks Pierre. Yes Perth is not exactly next door. (my daughter lived in Fremantle- a long flight there- for a wee while, she is now in Maroochydore,which is much better.
A good idea of posting locally, and like you say a good way to promote Linux! The library and supermarket are great options.
Will you be watching the CW Games? No doubt Australia will wipe the floor with the rest of us :D
Regards, Johanna

tenfoot
Level 6
Level 6

Post by tenfoot »

johanna wrote:Hello all, I am wondering wether there are any linux mint users in Turangi/ New Zealand, or can I find out somehow on this forum?
I live a bit isolated in a small town and it would be good to get together with another linux fan.
Thanks, regards, Johanna
Hi Johanna

I use LM17 MATE and live in Waipapa, Northland.

If you want to get in touch, just send me a private message, via the forum facility, and I'll provide my email address.

You may like to join theWaikato Linux Users Group (http://www.wlug.org.nz/). Just out of interest, I subscribe to their mailing list.
tenfoot
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds darkness always got there first, and is waiting for it." Terry Pratchett (Reaper Man)

Return to “Open chat”