Windows 10 is worse than 8

Chat about just about anything else
Pierre
Level 19
Level 19

Re: Windows 10 is worse than 8

Post by Pierre » Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:13 am

yet another relative had issues with their win-10 upgrade.

in order to preserve as much as possible, little changes were done, in order to stop the "glitching".
initially, only the fast start was turned off, & now awaiting further use-age.
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] - when your problem is solved!
and DO LOOK at those Unanswered Topics - - you may be able to answer some!.

Mr_Reed
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Mr_Reed » Sun Jan 24, 2016 1:06 pm

I say wipe Win 10 off. I haven't seen any good software come out of Redmond for about 5 or 6 years now. If that's where it even comes from. Seriously do they even have an Office Suite now? The same can be said for Adobe; do they even have regular design software now or is it all in the "cloud". I don't get it with these companies; that one reason people used to buy computers, so they could go to a store and buy software to install on it. Good software that is! I'm so confused by what Microsoft is doing, it's beyond my understanding. I can't follow their radical design changes anymore.

Drygar
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Drygar » Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:23 pm

Fragezeichen wrote:
tbellas3rd wrote:Gotta say though, Windows 10 is a very solid, robust OS.
If only it wasn't for all those privacy violations, Windows 10 would actually be a fine OS.

Tell this to someone who deals with Windows and Windows issues several days every week.
It's the privacy and security which are the biggest Windows issues but not only. Microsoft do not care about updates quality (very visible in the past 2-3-4 years) and they very often release faulty updates which affect people's boot up process, software etc. Windows has a loooooot of issues.
Fan of XFCE, MATE, Linux Mint, RedHat, ecryptFS, FSF
Open source enthusiast
No security - No freedom
LM 17.2

His name is Linux >> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOtKZA9ri7M

Drygar
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Drygar » Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:26 pm

Bolle1961 wrote:There is a solution against the spying :
https://www.oo-software.com/en/shutup10
With all due respect but... the whole idea to install an operating system known to have spyware or backdoor built-in is totally disgusting to me.
And even worse, the idea to run an antispyware tool to hopefully (no 100% guarantee) remove the malware from the OS , LOL...

why all the fuss to install it then.
Fan of XFCE, MATE, Linux Mint, RedHat, ecryptFS, FSF
Open source enthusiast
No security - No freedom
LM 17.2

His name is Linux >> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOtKZA9ri7M

majpooper
Level 5
Level 5

Post by majpooper » Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:56 pm

I ran Windows 7 > 8 > 8.1 >10 as a VM (Work Station)for several years because I stubbornly would not abandon Quicken and iTunes. I also wasted $$$ on an app PlayOn for live streaming TV not to be confused with the Playon Linux. I tried wine and even Codeweavers, All I did was waste $$$ and the performance was never quite satisfactory. Finally I started using linux apps to replace Quicken and iTunes - there was a little bit of a learning curve and the apps are not as "slick" but they are quite good actually even if they don't look as I said slick. PlayOn TV was just a bust - it worked crappy on Windows so in effect was not serviceable anyway so that fact that it won't run on linux is in the end no great loss. I have been 100% Linux for almost a year - Windows 10 did it it for me - and couldn't be happier.

Return to “Open chat”