Fred Barclay username warning.

Chat about just about anything else
Fred Barclay
Level 12
Level 12

Fred Barclay username warning.

Post by Fred Barclay »

Something strange is happening with my login at Kali Linux forums--every time I try to login, I'm told that I've exceeded the login attempts and I need to try back in 15 minutes. So I'm thinking that either there's a problem with the Kali forums server, or someone has gotten my username and is trying to guess my password.
With that said, I'm changing my password here, but just in case, please be aware that it is possible that someone might try to do the same here; so if you see any strange activity under my account, it's not me! ;)
I have been using an unsecured wifi network (due to location, it's not mine!), and I know of others who have had strange activity at this location as well. So hopefully this is nothing, but I wanted to warn you guys in advance.

Fred
"Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing stripes with plaid comes easy."
- Albert Einstein

all41
Level 16
Level 16

Re: Fred Barclay username warning.

Post by all41 »

So you are not Fred the exiled Nigerian Prince who wants to send me money?? :)
libera ab tyrannis

Fred Barclay
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Fred Barclay »

No no no, my brother is the Royal Prince. I'm his chief agent. I collect the processing fees for the monetary transfers.
"Act now and get 25% off!"--actually, since you use Mint, I'll give you 33% off the normal rate of 45000$ USD.
:)
"Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing stripes with plaid comes easy."
- Albert Einstein

Fred Barclay
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Fred Barclay »

UPDATE: if it was a "whoever", they've apparently given up. I can login now with no warnings.
If it was a "whatever", it's apparently given up too. :)
Not to call off the warning, though, since I still don't know what's happened.
- Albert Einstein

Return to “Open chat”