Your opinions on Windows 10 so far..

Chat about just about anything else
exploder
Level 15
Level 15

Re: Your opinions on Windows 10 so far..

Post by exploder »

Calm down guys.
z31fanatic
Level 5
Level 5

Post by z31fanatic »

MtnDewManiac wrote: BtW, this thread just keeps getting funnier and funnier as more Microsoft apologists try to make excuses and call things by different names in order to justify (to themselves, if nothing else) installing this foul thing.
We are not MS apologists. We just call it like it is unlike most of you who are extremely biased and can't take off those rose color tinted glasses.
craig10x
Level 7
Level 7

Post by craig10x »

Big +1 :D
Could not agree more...
richmorehave
Level 4
Level 4

Post by richmorehave »

z31fanatic wrote:
MtnDewManiac wrote: BtW, this thread just keeps getting funnier and funnier as more Microsoft apologists try to make excuses and call things by different names in order to justify (to themselves, if nothing else) installing this foul thing.
We are not MS apologists. We just call it like it is unlike most of you who are extremely biased and can't take off those rose color tinted glasses.
z31fanatic
Your name fits you, fanatic!
It makes sense you and craig10x are in agreement.

We are in a linux forum room , and some of us shared how we switched to Linux over the privacy concern. Those are not rose color tinted glasses , those are real concerns. Rose color tinted glasses is used as a term to gloss over "problems". You don't even know what "rose color tinted glasses' term means. It means if a tornado just destroyed your home you put on your rose color tinted glasses, everything looks rosy to you.

I was a beta tester of windows 10, and at the time, many were complaining as to privacy statement with it, but , some of us thought it was just for the "testing" of windows 10. We didn't think MS would keep it for the regular version. But they did.

The windows 10 OS is good, so some of us are not coming down on windows 10 for that, the way MS treats my privacy I just do not approve of.

I even stated a page back how I thought we all could agree, that they just make the windows 10 TESTERS , those that can't make the switch via upgrade path , live with the privacy invasion. But you didn't even want to agree with that, and thought it's GOOD that MS gets all your private emails, private files, and private folders.

Until MS changes the TOS, I'm staying away from windows 10. It forced me to switch to Linux because I value my privacy, and it seems to me that you do not value your privacy.

Keep those rose-colored glasses on and enjoy your windows 10. I'll enjoy my Linux.
Switched to Linux Mint to get away from windows 10 spying.
Until MS states that they will not scan,disclose and save any personal files, folders, on my PC, I will not trust them. I would need 3rd party verification.
killer de bug
Level 14
Level 14

Post by killer de bug »

z31fanatic wrote:We are not MS apologists.
I would like to believe you, but I have still a huge doubt. Every time Windows or Microsoft are slightly attacked, you are the first one (over) reacting here. :mrgreen:

z31fanatic:

Code: Select all

Most active topic:
    Your opinions on Windows 10 so far..
    (66 Posts / 17.32% of user’s posts)
If it ain't broke, fix it until it is.
duneelliot
Level 4
Level 4

Post by duneelliot »

richmorehave wrote:
We are in a linux forum room , and some of us shared how we switched to Linux over the privacy concern. Those are not rose color tinted glasses , those are real concerns. Rose color tinted glasses is used as a term to gloss over "problems". You don't even know what "rose color tinted glasses' term means. It means if a tornado just destroyed your home you put on your rose color tinted glasses, everything looks rosy to you.

I was a beta tester of windows 10, and at the time, many were complaining as to privacy statement with it, but , some of us thought it was just for the "testing" of windows 10. We didn't think MS would keep it for the regular version. But they did.

The windows 10 OS is good, so some of us are not coming down on windows 10 for that, the way MS treats my privacy I just do not approve of.

I even stated a page back how I thought we all could agree, that they just make the windows 10 TESTERS , those that can't make the switch via upgrade path , live with the privacy invasion. But you didn't even want to agree with that, and thought it's GOOD that MS gets all your private emails, private files, and private folders.

Until MS changes the TOS, I'm staying away from windows 10. It forced me to switch to Linux because I value my privacy, and it seems to me that you do not value your privacy.

Keep those rose-colored glasses on and enjoy your windows 10. I'll enjoy my Linux.
I agree 100% with this statement. I didn't switch to Linux just because of the privacy issues, but it is a big part of why I won't be upgrading Windows 7. I have no issues with the OS itself...it seems slick and fast...but I will not tolerate the use of ANY form of scanning my computer usage. I always opt out of the options to do that with anything, and MS doesn't give me that choice with Win 10...so until they do, I'll be happily chugging along on Mint, with an occasional visit to Windows 7 land (minus internet connection).
z31fanatic
Level 5
Level 5

Post by z31fanatic »

richmorehave wrote: big wall of text that we have read 35 times before
*Yawn*
z31fanatic
Level 5
Level 5

Post by z31fanatic »

richmorehave wrote: Keep those rose-colored glasses on and enjoy your windows 10. I'll enjoy my Linux.
Don't worry, I'll enjoy both :D
Same with Mac OS :D
Fragezeichen
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Fragezeichen »

z31fanatic wrote:
richmorehave wrote: big wall of text that we have read 35 times before
*Yawn*
I don't get it.. If you were as happy and satisfied with your Windows 10 as you claim to be, why do you still feel the need to troll in a Linux Forum all day instead of delighting in the greatness of your splendid operating system from Redmond?
z31fanatic
Level 5
Level 5

Post by z31fanatic »

Oh yes, the 'if you have a different opnion, you must be trolling' card. :roll:
Fragezeichen
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Fragezeichen »

z31fanatic wrote:Oh yes, the 'if you have a different opnion, you must be trolling' card. :roll:
Says the one that reponds with *yawn* to other people's posts instead of delivering actual arguments and trying to uphold a constructive discussion. :roll:
poorguy

Post by poorguy »

Umm, ummm.....
Last edited by killer de bug on Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Language please!
poorguy

Post by poorguy »

I guess if we are going to post an opinion on a thread then I guess we are going to have to expect some criticism whether we agree or disagree. there is always going to be someone who consider themselves an expert on everything and believe they are perfect and incapable of making mistakes. everyone is an authority in their own mind and that in itself can make having an discussion or debate very difficult. I have seen this in other forums as I have here and wonder if it is done on purpose or perhaps they just lack the ability to know any better or perhaps their purpose is to ruin a discussion because as a child they were not taught how to get along with others.

have a GOOD DAY and a HAPPY HALLOWEEN.
life is good.
the poorguy
poorguy

Post by poorguy »

MtnDewManiac wrote:
What time does your wife take her shower? I might just drop by to peek through the window. I'm informing you in advance - so it won't really be spying.

Regards,
MDM
Really, up until you used this as a comparison I could accept your criticism and you appeared to display some intelligence. very poor choice as a comparison and certainly you could have used something else as a comparison.

the poorguy
Level 5
Level 5
Location: Surfing a multidimensional wave of celestial intent

Post by 1.618 »

poorguy wrote:
MtnDewManiac wrote:
What time does your wife take her shower? I might just drop by to peek through the window. I'm informing you in advance - so it won't really be spying.

Regards,
MDM
Really, up until you used this as a comparison I could accept your criticism and you appeared to display some intelligence. very poor choice as a comparison and certainly you could have used something else as a comparison.

the poorguy

Maybe you prefer he watch you shower, are you jealous? :-D

You have a business, I'm coming to your hq later and I'm going to go through every file in the building, all your accounts, developments, orders,contacts,personell, everything will be scanned, all data, all your top secret develpments, staff medicals, everything, but because i'm letting you know now, it's not spying, have a nice night

seriously though, where do businesses stand with this, surely it gives MS an unfair advantage if they have every shred of data for every company using windows 10?
MtnDewManiac
Level 6
Level 6

Post by MtnDewManiac »

poorguy wrote:
MtnDewManiac wrote:

Regards,
MDM

First, I was being sarcastic. I didn't bother to enclose it in [SARCASM] tags because I figured that anyone with two brain cells to rub together would have known that. I still do, in fact. And before any moderators think that the previous statement was meant as a flame about the other person's intelligence, please be aware that I don't think he's so stupid that he didn't understand me - I think he's an Internet troll, someone who is just trying to provoke other people by appearing that way. <SHRUGS> I figure that's why he waited so long to make the above comment, lol - he figured it was about time to fan the fire.

BtW: Go back and read the post of yours that I was replying to. The example I used was quite appropriate (assuming that I have as much of a right to privacy as you do - or your wife does). If you don't get it... well, I'm still not going to pelt you with intelligence-based insults, no matter how much evidence of their validity you produce. My parents raised me better than that, it is against the forum rules, and it is disharmonious.

Regards,
MDM
Mint 18 Xfce 4.12.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O'Donnell fat.
duneelliot
Level 4
Level 4

Post by duneelliot »

This thread is seriously devolving.
richmorehave
Level 4
Level 4

Post by richmorehave »

The 2 sides of this issue privacy issue is this:

1) Some people in this thread are very excited about how great windows 10 is compared to windows 8, and have switched from Linux to windows 10. And when questioned about the privacy invasion they seem to think it's done to improve the windows 10 experience, and google and apple do the same type thing, and they don't have a problem with windows 10 scanning, disclosing and saving all their private emails, private folders and private files. They say that we don't have any privacy anymore so get used to it. Also, MS would never use all this data and use it against you, they haven't done it yet, so they will not in the future. The people that don't want all their data taken must have something to hide. MS is a good company and if they turned in anyone for copywrite or other issues everybody will get upset. These people like windows 10 and are in the forum room sharing these type comments.

2) The other group that don't like windows 10 TOS, don't like how MS states that they WILL scan, disclose, and save all your personal content, and will share it with MS friends and call the cops/government if you are doing anything you shouldn't be doing. This group just doesn't like that MS can scan private banking statements, private emails, private photos, movies, and anything attached to windows 10 PC can also be accessed too. So they want MS to change the TOS so they don't have MS scan, disclose and save stuff on our home PC. These people like windows 10 too, but just don't like the invasion of privacy.
And some go so far as to say they switched to Linux to avoid windows 10 spying. They might return to windows 10 once their privacy is respected. But fear if MS can scan, disclose and save this info without users knowledge, have a hard time trusting MS after this anti-privacy policy.
Last edited by richmorehave on Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Switched to Linux Mint to get away from windows 10 spying.
Until MS states that they will not scan,disclose and save any personal files, folders, on my PC, I will not trust them. I would need 3rd party verification.
killer de bug
Level 14
Level 14

Post by killer de bug »

This topic has been on-going since the middle of summer and a huge debate took place. Nevertheless, it seems that everything has been said on the subject and probably more than once. In the last days the debate has been a little bit more passionate leading to personal attacks. This was unfortunately expected as we are anyway speaking about a Microsoft OS on a Gnu/Linux forum and we all know that these ingredients lead to passionate debates.

We will end here the discussion about W10 on this forum for the moment.
I hope you all understand that this decision is taken to protect this community and the good relationships between members.
If it ain't broke, fix it until it is.

Return to “Open chat”