Anyone here recently because of Windows 10 upgrade fiasco?

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
richmorehave

Re: Anyone here recently because of Windows 10 upgrade fiasc

Post by richmorehave »

MS is gathering everything they can and putting it on MASSIVE DATA Farms. This info is GOLD. And can be "bot" searched for all types of things.

Why is this so hard to understand.

MS states it can gather everything on your PC and do anything it wants with it. That INFO is worth a lot of money. And ways they can "search" that DATA are endless.

MS handed out a "FREE GIFT" to you, and that "FREE GIFT" will examine and store everything on your hard drives, and examine it in interesting ways. OR their "friends" could search for different things. And your name could come up in one their searches. Then human at company could look further into you, if they wanted to.

Also maybe a few of you guys think MS Super Computers are build like private pc's. These super computers can store massive amounts of data at lightening speed with super fast connections. The hard thing is to keep you in the dark. They don't like people like Snowden revealing this stuff.

Enjoy your "FREE GIFT" of windows 10. :)
craig10x

Post by craig10x »

I am enjoying my free gift of windows 10 and i love it...it is the first version of windows that actually lured me back from using linux...
And unlike some here, i don't think i am important enough for microsoft to be "monitoring" me as some here seem to think they are doing...

As far as using information for ad or other commercial purposes, if you don't think your exposed to that all the time when you are on the internet and web surfing, you are dreaming...The only way to totally avoid that is to not use the internet at all and to stay off line... :wink:
richmorehave

Post by richmorehave »

craig10x wrote:I am enjoying my free gift of windows 10 and i love it...it is the first version of windows that actually lured me back from using linux...
And unlike some here, i don't think i am important enough for microsoft to be "monitoring" me as some here seem to think they are doing...

As far as using information for ad or other commercial purposes, if you don't think your exposed to that all the time when you are on the internet and web surfing, you are dreaming...The only way to totally avoid that is to not use the internet at all and to stay off line... :wink:
Well, you might be someone of INTEREST to some companies depending on what you do on your computer. What you watch, what movies or tv shows you have on your hard drive. What your passwords are and encryption methods , since windows 10 has keyloggers. And saves all this stuff. Enjoy your "free gift". :)
You seem to think some of us are talking about you as a person. NO! We are not. We are addressing the ways this info can be searched and that can put people at risk depending on who MS friends are.
As long as you have any photos, movies, mp3's, and private banking/credit card/IRS/lawyer emails/doctor docs/ company docs/ insurance docs, the list goes on and one .... any stuff on your system, MS gathers it all and you no longer have any say in how this info can be used or who gets to see it. You must be a young person. Most older people think MS shouldn't have access to all that info. But you are ok with it.
Last edited by richmorehave on Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Habitual

Post by Habitual »

I'm here because I am not all there.
craig10x

Post by craig10x »

@richmorehave: actually, i am a senior...wish i was a young person again :lol:
I understand what you are saying, but again, i don't think microsoft would be looking at say, your banking information as that will be illegal and would jeopardize them as a company, not to mention what it would do to their reputation which would be a "death sentence" for their company...they are not stupid, ya know! :wink:
richmorehave

Post by richmorehave »

I don't think MS is stupid. I think they are GREEDY and crafty.

You know in World WAR 2, when the British broke the German engima machine, they didn't want Germany to know all their DATA was being read and saved.

They used this info , in a way that germany would not know how the British got the info. MS now in writing states it can use your private emails, private folders, private docs, and anything attached to the windows 10 machine in any way they want. The clause "in good faith" is very OPEN ended. I have it "in good faith" you have something on your computer that shouldn't be there. I don't know for certain, but, let me look at everything and see if you have anything that shouldn't be there. And if I find it let me call my friends and pass on the info. But I would tell my "friends" not to tell where you got the info. And if you don't have anything that shouldn't be there, you will NEVER know we investigated you, hush-hush.
poorguy

Post by poorguy »

man i don't think that i want to even go online with any OS after reading all of this. i feel violated.
hey people should have read the EULA while smoking up that bowl of crack or pot OMG.
look at all the video monitoring that a person can do over their cell phone into their home if they choose to do so and all of the skype conversations etc that people have. anything you do over a cell phone i mean people allow it to happen to themselves because nobody thinks about it. this has been going on for years and now MS has just told everyone that it will be being done though windows 10 and everyone just now feels as though they have been violated now. WOW AMAZING!

this is one reason that i have migrated to the linux camp and am still making the move. hell i still use vista.

windows 10 is ok for what it is however what i didn't like is everytime i turned the settings in privacy to where i wanted them i would receive some updates and then all of my privacy settings were switched on to the default settings. my windows 10 upgrade is sitting on the floor unplugged and not being used but i do have it.

i think it is a little to late big brother has been watching for sometime now.

life is good.
the poorguy
mike acker
Level 7
Level 7

Post by mike acker »

what's so special about Windows 10 ?
¡Viva la Resistencia!
MartyMint
Level 7
Level 7

Post by MartyMint »

mike acker wrote:what's so special about Windows 10 ?

Every new version of Windows is "magical" and gilded with rainbows.
Didn't you get the memo?

:wink:
poorguy

Post by poorguy »

there is nothing special about windows 10 or any other OS. an OS is just a vehicle that is used for whatever ones pc needs require.
i cut my teeth on windows xp as i was late to get into the pc world. windows xp was good as there was lots of software available and it all seemed to work real well. then comes vista and its problems for alot of the world, me i never had any problems with it and i am still using it. i also have windows 7 and now windows 10 which everyone wants because it is free.

is windows 10 free and if so then at what price does it cost us. the price is YOUR PRIVACY and most people are willing to give into that way more than most and more than they realize. i did receive my windows 10 upgrade and it is unplugged sitting on the floor which is where i intend for it to stay until i see what direction it goes.

i made the move to linux last dec of 2014 because i wanted an alternative to windows as i didn't like the direction microsoft was taking. for myself linux does all my pc needs and i enjoy using it and also i have learned so many new things and plan on one day making the full migration from microsoft windows to linux.

just my own opinion.
life is good.
the poorguy
MartyMint
Level 7
Level 7

Post by MartyMint »

Folks traded in privacy for convenience long before Windows 10 showed up.
poorguy

Post by poorguy »

MartyMint wrote:Folks traded in privacy for convenience long before Windows 10 showed up.
so very true.
Derek_S
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Derek_S »

Basically you have two groups of people, and each group is divided into two sub-groups. The people who are "sheeple" are either completely oblivious to the built-in spyware in Windows 10 or they are aware of it and just don't care - i.e. - I'm not doing anything wrong so I have nothing to hide. The only thing they care about as a whole is the fact that it's the first Windows operating system that has ever been offered free of charge and they're not about to lose the opportunity of getting something for nothing. Sad to say, but that's just human nature at work and there's very little you can do to enlighten them or to change their attitudes.

The second group is those who are "in the know" concerning the spyware issue and do one of two things in order to defeat it: They either figure out how to disable these features and continue to use Windows 10. Or they give up on Windows entirely and seek an alternative that's free of spyware - such as Linux Mint.
"When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life, for your strength. Give thanks for your food and for the joy of living. If you see no reason to give thanks, the fault lies in yourself." - Tecumseh
MartyMint
Level 7
Level 7

Post by MartyMint »

I don't think the fact that Windows is "free" plays a major role.

The majority of users buy a machine with Windows already installed. Then, when they run it into the ground, they buy another machine with whatever version of Windows happens to be on it.

Such is the disposable nature of technology.
richmorehave

Post by richmorehave »

I know I'm using Linux because of windows 10 spyware.

If the public was informed, and the MEDIA made a big deal of what MS has done, by stating it can store your private emails, private files, private folders and do what it wants with this, and this info can be used against you, would they still act like sheep.

Many people got use to the abuse of the NSA in gathering their info, MS crossed the line in this new privacy policy.

It went much further than google or apple.

The only way I can see that this is happening is because the Government may think the value of what Windows 10 could collect from 1 Billion people in the World, is very intoxicating to NSA. And they have operatives in the Media and in some of forum rooms "knocking anyone who discusses it in main stream media".

If I was in a big or small company or in other governments around the world I would ban windows 10 from all PC's. It's built into the code that MS can gather all this info, and I'm sure MS are keeping this data in secure locations, but "their friends" would pay a fortune to obtain corp secrets or government secrets. I'm sure they have ways to hide what they are doing, and the code is hidden.

I believe the day has arrived when the OPEN SOURCE CODE OS is NOW the NEW KING. Long live Linux!
poorguy

Post by poorguy »

if you pay taxes or was in the military or have a bank account and or several credit / debit cards and who doesn't the government and several other agencies will have more information on you than you have on you.
the ticker in my britches is the fact that by agreeing to the EULA upon downloading and the installing the windows 10 upgrade is the fact that now microsoft can use my personal information however they want to and yes i did agree to that when i did the upgrade.

as mentioned earlier i did the upgrade and then unplugged and set it on the floor for use later. i will stay with vista and linux.

life is good because i am still here to complain.
the poorguy
richmorehave

Post by richmorehave »

I think the tide is going to go against MS big time, some professionals are thinking of class action against MS for failure to conform to the HIPAA Compliance mandate.

Many small businesses and professionals might not be able to afford Enterprise Windows 10. And windows 10 PRO should be for small businesses and other professionals.

I would like to see a HIPAA compliant OPTION in windows 10. And no info goes back to MS about private emails/files/folders.

At this point , after 2 months MS has NOT given a public statement about HIPAA compliance.

Some people looking into the matter seem to think MS would have to rework windows 10 to be HIPAA Compliant.

If you choose the HIPAA Compliant mode you OP-OUT of Cortana, xboxONE, and other apps and services that MS says it "needs" your Private Emails, Private Family Photos, Private Folders, Private files, ... to work right. I would OP-OUT and just get secure windows 10 with NO info going back to MS about me.
MartyMint
Level 7
Level 7

Post by MartyMint »

You forget that the masses freely and willingly sling their personal info out there through Facebook and Gmail...

I don't understand what the sudden outrage over Microsoft is.
duneelliot

Post by duneelliot »

MartyMint wrote:You forget that the masses freely and willingly sling their personal info out there through Facebook and Gmail...

What I post and share on Facebook is stuff I CHOOSE to share...I don't choose to share the contents of my private files, or emails (I don't use GMail). They also don't get into my personal computer!!!!
Last edited by duneelliot on Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
richmorehave

Post by richmorehave »

MartyMint wrote:You forget that the masses freely and willingly sling their personal info out there through Facebook and Gmail...

Is there anything that you don't feel like sharing with EVERYBODY? Anything?

If there is, MS crossed the line because it says it can take everything on your hard drives, private folders, private files, private anything, and SAVE it on their servers and tell their friends exactly whatever you are doing. Showing pictures, webcam stuff, mic stuff, banking stuff. There is NOTHING MS will NOT gather. And then if it finds anything questionable will TURN you in to whoever. And MS doesn't say who all their friends are. Facebook and Google just posts stuff you want on their sites. Big difference.

Return to “Open Chat”