Destruction by closed source

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
Octavian

Destruction by closed source

Post by Octavian »

Is it just me or are we coming upon an age where open source is being drowned out by the secret code technology? Lawsuits are being thrown between Google, Apple, Samsung, and even Facebook. As a result we are seeing information being closed off and Linux is becoming a diy hobbyist only system.

Am I the only one who thinks if we don't learn to create our own circuitry hacks; then Linux will be only available for those who are using outdated technology? Just a theory
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 30 days after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Fred Barclay
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Destruction by closed source

Post by Fred Barclay »

I'd actually think differently...
In my perspective, FOSS is *relatively* taking off! For example: the raspberry pi raised awareness of Linux and other open-source projects. Android rooting is another popular hobby that's exposing people to FOSS for the very first time.

Actually, I know a guy <wink> who's in contact with a team that's doing some fun open-source things for the government. It's not your typical open-source project, but the fact that it's both "open-source" and "government-related" is rather interesting. I'd normally expect the two to be diametrically opposed.
"Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing stripes with plaid comes easy."
- Albert Einstein

Return to “Open Chat”