Usb 2 tv box

Chat about just about anything else
kuman
Level 1
Level 1

Usb 2 tv box

Post by kuman »

usb 2 tv box:
Can u attach it and stream TV content in GParted?
LinuxJim
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Usb 2 tv box

Post by LinuxJim »

kuman wrote:usb 2 tv box:
Can u attach it and stream TV content in GParted?
GParted? That's a partition editor. It has nothing to do with video.

If you have a USB TV tuner, you can view it in Linux with programs like MeTV and TvTime.
kuman
Level 1
Level 1

Post by kuman »

The version of GParted live I got comes w some interface - a browser, text editor & more so I thought I could add VLC or similar.
I'm still struggling with which version of Linux would be best for my 8 GB HD. U can see my other topic.
Cosmo.
Level 23
Level 23

Post by Cosmo. »

Gparted live is something different than gparted. It is a bootable live system, similar to the Mint live system. There are some tools in this mini-OS for system tasks. Doing system tasks is the purpose of those tools, nothing else, especially not doing multimedia.

In any case even on the gparted live system gparted itself cannot open files, wether multimedia or anything else.
LinuxJim
Level 5
Level 5

Post by LinuxJim »

kuman wrote:I'm still struggling with which version of Linux would be best for my 8 GB HD.
TinyCore Linux or DSL (Damn Small Linux) might be worth looking at. Anything that uses busybox in place of the normal utilities might be a candidate.

If you're wanting to play with video and TV tuners, you'll have a challenge fitting everything into 8GB...
jimallyn
Level 18
Level 18

Post by jimallyn »

antiX Linux would probably work for you. Or Puppy. And probably others.

“If the government were coming for your TVs and cars, then you'd be upset. But, as it is, they're only coming for your sons.” - Daniel Berrigan
lgt791
Level 2
Level 2

Post by lgt791 »

kaffeine works really good in 17. I use it with a pinnacle 800i and a wintv 1600. Both of those are pci cards . You can check if kaffeine sees your tuner by opening up kaffeine and at the top click on television then configure television . Under the configure tab the 2nd tab over should show your tunerr if the system sees it.
kuman
Level 1
Level 1

Post by kuman »

I got Lucid Puppy installed it on a stick & Bingo! Now I'm on my Acer, writing from it. Puppy seems the best for me. Mounted my SSD on the 1st try. Now I have to find the files in the File M. Any clues on how to speed it up?
kuman
Level 1
Level 1

Post by kuman »

It seems Kaffeine & MeTV dont show up in Puppy's Package Manager. What app should I use for installation?

Return to “Open chat”