Best method for getting Microsoft office?
but, this is not relevant to that issue, so this is a new post:
this Lady, who I've been helping for years & years,
Spilt Her Mug of Coffee All Over Her Laptop
( don't do this, folks, just don't )
Yes - it's stuffed. .. ..
so, she bought a Brand New Laptop & waited until I'd come over, to unbox it.
1/ the setup of the new win-10, took maybe an hour.
2/ the setup of the existing eMail account into MS Outlook took 90min .. ..
because of the ISPs changed settings, when they went from inhouse to outlook.com,
& just about everyone complained about their Private Data being stored in the USA .
so they brought it back inhouse again, so those settings were changed three times in five years.
- confusing at best, you can't Google it, as you get some results from yesteryear, that are wrong.
& their support desk, just refers you to the internet, to "setup your eMail account".
finally did get some tech support dude on the 'ph, who was just as confused as myself.
- but we got it working - eventually.
3/ but the real issue was that the New Laptop came pre-loaded with MS Office 2016
and try as we might, there was just no way to activate it:
- the existing MS account was tied to the old Laptop's version of Office.
- you could only activate if your copy was downloaded with your MS account
this version was pre-loaded onto the New Laptop.
and you couldn't tie the two together, Just No Way !.
even the MS Chat people - Five of them, eventually, couldn't help out.
nor could the actual MS Support Agent, who was on the 'ph with us, for another hour,
- their solution, was to 'open a new MS account' and try that way.
so then, when purchasing a Product Key, for the pre-loaded version,
the MS Store wouldn't accept any Debit Cards as payment,
- then those cards couldn't be removed from the MS account, even though they weren't used.
finally Paypal was tried & that worked, but the MS account delivery address was different from the P/P address.
& the MS account wouldn't accept the corrected delivery address.
- even though this was a Digital Purchase, and didn't need any physical delivery address.
so that was another MS Built Brick Wall.
actually, you know the Real Issue:
- all that is needed - - is a MS Product Key
why is that so critical?
because the MS Office Trial Period will expire in Five Days time,
( remember, this is a Brand New Laptop, that was unboxed, this morning )
not the expected 30 Day Trial - - so the MS Office 2016 needs to be Activated.
like real soon.
- - to be continued, tomorrow, after this Lady goes to a local Big Box Store,
and buys a "card" for MS Office 2016, that hopefully comes with MS Product Key.