Folding@home-Team Linux Mint-76140

Chat about just about anything else
darktheme
Level 1
Level 1
Posts: 32
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:51 am
Location: NY upstate

Re: Folding@home-Team Linux Mint-76140

Post by darktheme » Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:48 am

battlenut wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:55 am
Alright I have a card here I need to get rid of. it needs a home its only a Radeon R9 280. 100-160k PPD pay shipping only. its up for grabs.
Very generous.
What power connections does it use?

User avatar
battlenut
Level 3
Level 3
Posts: 105
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:13 pm
Location: Currently Yokosuka JAPAN

Re: Folding@home-Team Linux Mint-76140

Post by battlenut » Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:56 am

the caed is actually a Sapphire R9 280X 3G GDDR5 Dual X OC version. And to Answer that question it has 1 eight and 1 six pin power connector.

darktheme
Level 1
Level 1
Posts: 32
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:51 am
Location: NY upstate

Re: Folding@home-Team Linux Mint-76140

Post by darktheme » Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:33 am

Thanks,
I'll decline because of a need to get more efficient due the number of cards I have.

BTW, anyone gpu folding may want to set the beta flag for these new core 22 work units. I just switched my 1070ti over and my ppd went up from +/- 825k to over 1million ppd.
I made the switch after a wu finished. Not sure if changing in the middle of a wu would hurt the existing one. Also read that some with big OC's on there cards were having trouble. I want back to default settings and ppd went up.

User avatar
battlenut
Level 3
Level 3
Posts: 105
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:13 pm
Location: Currently Yokosuka JAPAN

Re: Folding@home-Team Linux Mint-76140

Post by battlenut » Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:49 am

Well, I got to say. Learn new things everyday. was a little curios as to weather this flag thing actually did something or not. well now. Changing in the middle has no affect til the next work unit.
Attachments
gpu folding.png

User avatar
OtterGauze
Level 1
Level 1
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:46 pm
Location: England, UK

Re: Folding@home-Team Linux Mint-76140

Post by OtterGauze » Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:40 am

I've decided to contribute as much as I can (despite my limited hardware), but F@H isn't really utilising my GPU. It's recognising it, but not actually progressing, and according to the logs seen on the FAHControl client, I'm getting bad work units:

Code: Select all

11:23:42:WU01:FS01:0x21:*********************** Log Started 2019-03-21T11:23:42Z ***********************
11:23:42:WU01:FS01:0x21:Project: 14167 (Run 19, Clone 5, Gen 105)
11:23:42:WU01:FS01:0x21:Unit: 0x0000007c0002894c5c3d11f36f97b75c
11:23:42:WU01:FS01:0x21:CPU: 0x00000000000000000000000000000000
11:23:42:WU01:FS01:0x21:Machine: 1
11:23:42:WU01:FS01:0x21:Reading tar file core.xml
11:23:42:WU01:FS01:0x21:Reading tar file integrator.xml
11:23:42:WU01:FS01:0x21:Reading tar file state.xml
11:23:46:WU01:FS01:0x21:Reading tar file system.xml
11:23:47:WU01:FS01:0x21:Digital signatures verified
11:23:47:WU01:FS01:0x21:Folding@home GPU Core21 Folding@home Core
11:23:47:WU01:FS01:0x21:Version 0.0.18
11:23:47:WU01:FS01:0x21:ERROR:126: Bad platformId size.
11:23:47:WU01:FS01:0x21:Saving result file logfile_01.txt
11:23:47:WU01:FS01:0x21:Saving result file log.txt
11:23:47:WU01:FS01:0x21:Folding@home Core Shutdown: BAD_WORK_UNIT
11:23:48:WARNING:WU01:FS01:FahCore returned: BAD_WORK_UNIT (114 = 0x72)
11:23:48:WU01:FS01:Sending unit results: id:01 state:SEND error:FAULTY project:14167 run:19 clone:5 gen:105 core:0x21 unit:0x0000007c0002894c5c3d11f36f97b75c
I'm using the latest version of Mesa on an OEM-overclocked RX 560. My GPU is being recognised as it's reporting "gpu:0:Baffin [Polaris11]".
My CPU has been progressing just fine.
Your local otter enthusiast.
OtterGauze#8063 / /id/ottergauze/
Linux Mint 19 - Cinnamon

User avatar
battlenut
Level 3
Level 3
Posts: 105
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:13 pm
Location: Currently Yokosuka JAPAN

Re: Folding@home-Team Linux Mint-76140

Post by battlenut » Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:48 am

well after that little beta thing. I am currently at 4.4 million PPD. Thank you Darktheme.

darktheme
Level 1
Level 1
Posts: 32
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:51 am
Location: NY upstate

Re: Folding@home-Team Linux Mint-76140

Post by darktheme » Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:56 am

@battlenut
Wow! Is that a 1080ti in your post?
Started running a 1070 and 1070ti for the whole day to see what they bring. Previously would have been about 1.5 - 1.6 mil.

User avatar
battlenut
Level 3
Level 3
Posts: 105
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:13 pm
Location: Currently Yokosuka JAPAN

Re: Folding@home-Team Linux Mint-76140

Post by battlenut » Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:37 am

my 1080tis are pulling about 1.6 million ppd. then my 2070 is at 1.2 million ppd.

darktheme
Level 1
Level 1
Posts: 32
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:51 am
Location: NY upstate

Re: Folding@home-Team Linux Mint-76140

Post by darktheme » Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:56 am

OtterGauze wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:40 am
I've decided to contribute as much as I can (despite my limited hardware), but F@H isn't really utilising my GPU. It's recognising it, but not actually progressing, and according to the logs seen on the FAHControl client, I'm getting bad work units:

Code: Select all

11:23:42:WU01:FS01:0x21:*********************** Log Started 2019-03-21T11:23:42Z ***********************
11:23:42:WU01:FS01:0x21:Project: 14167 (Run 19, Clone 5, Gen 105)
11:23:42:WU01:FS01:0x21:Unit: 0x0000007c0002894c5c3d11f36f97b75c
11:23:42:WU01:FS01:0x21:CPU: 0x00000000000000000000000000000000
11:23:42:WU01:FS01:0x21:Machine: 1
11:23:42:WU01:FS01:0x21:Reading tar file core.xml
11:23:42:WU01:FS01:0x21:Reading tar file integrator.xml
11:23:42:WU01:FS01:0x21:Reading tar file state.xml
11:23:46:WU01:FS01:0x21:Reading tar file system.xml
11:23:47:WU01:FS01:0x21:Digital signatures verified
11:23:47:WU01:FS01:0x21:Folding@home GPU Core21 Folding@home Core
11:23:47:WU01:FS01:0x21:Version 0.0.18
11:23:47:WU01:FS01:0x21:ERROR:126: Bad platformId size.
11:23:47:WU01:FS01:0x21:Saving result file logfile_01.txt
11:23:47:WU01:FS01:0x21:Saving result file log.txt
11:23:47:WU01:FS01:0x21:Folding@home Core Shutdown: BAD_WORK_UNIT
11:23:48:WARNING:WU01:FS01:FahCore returned: BAD_WORK_UNIT (114 = 0x72)
11:23:48:WU01:FS01:Sending unit results: id:01 state:SEND error:FAULTY project:14167 run:19 clone:5 gen:105 core:0x21 unit:0x0000007c0002894c5c3d11f36f97b75c
I'm using the latest version of Mesa on an OEM-overclocked RX 560. My GPU is being recognised as it's reporting "gpu:0:Baffin [Polaris11]".
My CPU has been progressing just fine.
Sorry but I have no experience with Mesa or AMD cards in Linux. A quick search tells that opencl must be supported by the distro and drivers. Maybe the folks at the FAH Forum are in a good mood today :roll: and can help you out.

tinca
Level 5
Level 5
Posts: 521
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:23 am
Location: England U.K.

Re: Folding@home-Team Linux Mint-76140

Post by tinca » Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:46 am

battlenut and darktheme,

I was a bit late making the changes to the flag setting. My 1070ti has gone from 732,233 to 917,234. A very large increase.

The temperature of the GPU has gone up from 62 to 66, and I am having to run the GPU fan at 90%.

The extra points will help us get to the 100th place a bit sooner.

Thank you for the information

Best Regards Keith
EVGA Geforce GTX 1070 FTW
Image

User avatar
battlenut
Level 3
Level 3
Posts: 105
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:13 pm
Location: Currently Yokosuka JAPAN

Re: Folding@home-Team Linux Mint-76140

Post by battlenut » Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:18 am

if I am reading the charts right we should over take team UBUNTU in like 3 months. cisco systems is currently 100th. we take them in 2.2 months. thats not saying how far they are gonna move up also.

User avatar
catweazel
Level 19
Level 19
Posts: 9478
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:44 pm
Location: Australian Antarctic Territory

Re: Folding@home-Team Linux Mint-76140

Post by catweazel » Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:41 am

battlenut wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:18 am
if I am reading the charts right we should over take team UBUNTU in like 3 months. cisco systems is currently 100th. we take them in 2.2 months. thats not saying how far they are gonna move up also.
What do I need to do contribute to the team effort? I have an Intel 9900K and RTX 2080 that don't get too much work. Are there any reliable instructions you can point me to?
¡uʍop ǝpısdn sı buıɥʇʎɹǝʌǝ os ɐıןɐɹʇsnɐ ɯoɹɟ ɯ,ı

User avatar
battlenut
Level 3
Level 3
Posts: 105
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:13 pm
Location: Currently Yokosuka JAPAN

Re: Folding@home-Team Linux Mint-76140

Post by battlenut » Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:20 am

These are the ones I used. he actually has an OCN account also. I talked to him over there, but i think this is what you are looking for.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/86 ... -on-linux/

User avatar
battlenut
Level 3
Level 3
Posts: 105
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:13 pm
Location: Currently Yokosuka JAPAN

Re: Folding@home-Team Linux Mint-76140

Post by battlenut » Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:21 am

OtterGauze wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:40 am
I've decided to contribute as much as I can (despite my limited hardware), but F@H isn't really utilising my GPU. It's recognising it, but not actually progressing, and according to the logs seen on the FAHControl client, I'm getting bad work units:

Code: Select all

11:23:42:WU01:FS01:0x21:*********************** Log Started 2019-03-21T11:23:42Z ***********************
11:23:42:WU01:FS01:0x21:Project: 14167 (Run 19, Clone 5, Gen 105)
11:23:42:WU01:FS01:0x21:Unit: 0x0000007c0002894c5c3d11f36f97b75c
11:23:42:WU01:FS01:0x21:CPU: 0x00000000000000000000000000000000
11:23:42:WU01:FS01:0x21:Machine: 1
11:23:42:WU01:FS01:0x21:Reading tar file core.xml
11:23:42:WU01:FS01:0x21:Reading tar file integrator.xml
11:23:42:WU01:FS01:0x21:Reading tar file state.xml
11:23:46:WU01:FS01:0x21:Reading tar file system.xml
11:23:47:WU01:FS01:0x21:Digital signatures verified
11:23:47:WU01:FS01:0x21:Folding@home GPU Core21 Folding@home Core
11:23:47:WU01:FS01:0x21:Version 0.0.18
11:23:47:WU01:FS01:0x21:ERROR:126: Bad platformId size.
11:23:47:WU01:FS01:0x21:Saving result file logfile_01.txt
11:23:47:WU01:FS01:0x21:Saving result file log.txt
11:23:47:WU01:FS01:0x21:Folding@home Core Shutdown: BAD_WORK_UNIT
11:23:48:WARNING:WU01:FS01:FahCore returned: BAD_WORK_UNIT (114 = 0x72)
11:23:48:WU01:FS01:Sending unit results: id:01 state:SEND error:FAULTY project:14167 run:19 clone:5 gen:105 core:0x21 unit:0x0000007c0002894c5c3d11f36f97b75c
I'm using the latest version of Mesa on an OEM-overclocked RX 560. My GPU is being recognised as it's reporting "gpu:0:Baffin [Polaris11]".
My CPU has been progressing just fine.
Not sure if this will help or not could be worth a look.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/86 ... -on-linux/

User avatar
catweazel
Level 19
Level 19
Posts: 9478
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:44 pm
Location: Australian Antarctic Territory

Re: Folding@home-Team Linux Mint-76140

Post by catweazel » Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:33 am

battlenut wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:20 am
These are the ones I used. he actually has an OCN account also. I talked to him over there, but i think this is what you are looking for.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/86 ... -on-linux/
I read that but it isn't going to work. python-support_1.0.15_all.deb is missing in action; it's for Trusty as well. I don't know what an OCN account is either.
¡uʍop ǝpısdn sı buıɥʇʎɹǝʌǝ os ɐıןɐɹʇsnɐ ɯoɹɟ ɯ,ı

User avatar
battlenut
Level 3
Level 3
Posts: 105
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:13 pm
Location: Currently Yokosuka JAPAN

Re: Folding@home-Team Linux Mint-76140

Post by battlenut » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:29 am

overclock.net=OCN. thats where I learned all my hardware support stuff and troubleshooting. there are a lot of threads on that site that can teach alot.

tinca
Level 5
Level 5
Posts: 521
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:23 am
Location: England U.K.

Re: Folding@home-Team Linux Mint-76140

Post by tinca » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:37 am

catweazel

I believe that I used synaptic package manager and searched for "python-support" and installed that, to cure the error message.

Best regards Keith
EVGA Geforce GTX 1070 FTW
Image

darktheme
Level 1
Level 1
Posts: 32
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:51 am
Location: NY upstate

Re: Folding@home-Team Linux Mint-76140

Post by darktheme » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:39 am

catweazel wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:33 am
battlenut wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:20 am
These are the ones I used. he actually has an OCN account also. I talked to him over there, but i think this is what you are looking for.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/86 ... -on-linux/
I read that but it isn't going to work. python-support_1.0.15_all.deb is missing in action; it's for Trusty as well. I don't know what an OCN account is either.
Try " wget http://launchpadlibrarian.net/109052632 ... 15_all.deb " then

" sudo dpkg -i python-support_1.0.15_all.deb "

That worked for me last night on 2 separate installs. Then the fah client and fah control from Stanford. https://foldingathome.org/alternative-downloads

I had a few more hoops to jump through after that but see how it works for you.

User avatar
catweazel
Level 19
Level 19
Posts: 9478
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:44 pm
Location: Australian Antarctic Territory

Re: Folding@home-Team Linux Mint-76140

Post by catweazel » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:16 am

darktheme wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:39 am
I had a few more hoops to jump through after that but see how it works for you.
Thank you. I've downloaded it and will give it a shot in the morning. It's gone midnight here.

Cheers.
¡uʍop ǝpısdn sı buıɥʇʎɹǝʌǝ os ɐıןɐɹʇsnɐ ɯoɹɟ ɯ,ı

User avatar
donblanco
Level 1
Level 1
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:02 pm
Location: Zacatecas, Mexico
Contact:

Re: Folding@home-Team Linux Mint-76140

Post by donblanco » Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:23 pm

donblanco wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:17 am
I'm in! Been a long time since I did any folding. Good to be back. Also, already #102 on team stats? huh.
Now #94! :)

Post Reply

Return to “Open chat”