Windows sudo shells?

Chat about just about anything else
hd_scania
Level 1
Level 1

Windows sudo shells?

Post by hd_scania »

Here, Unix guys, have you been got panic to the Windows sysadmin commands, esp which you were a refugee out of Windows before your Unix life?

Code: Select all

$ powershell start-process powershell_ise --verb runas
# $WINROOT_COMMANDS
Enabling the root shells under Windows 10 is quite bloatsome, but if I need to run commands as sudo,

Code: Select all

$ powershell_ise
$ start-process $WINROOT_COMMANDS --verb runas
Under Unix ourselves system administrations are quite simple, but under Windows it can be getting us panic.
Even under DOS shells before Powershell there even aren’t few simple commands to enter the root shells even to sudo.

Warm reminders: $, #, root, sudo, --$ARG are in the Unix languages and may be altered under the Powershell practice, and this SHOULD be come back which you have installed a Powershell bin for Linux or MacOS from the Github front page of Powershell.
Last edited by hd_scania on Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:36 am, edited 4 times in total.

rene
Level 16
Level 16

Re: Windows sudo shells?

Post by rene »

I'm finding it impossible to distil from the above what it is that you are asking. Are you suggesting to run a Windows program (powershell or powershell_ise) or set of commands ($WINROOT_COMMANDS) under Linux? And if not, why are you posting a Windows question in a Linux forum?

hd_scania
Level 1
Level 1

R: Windows sudo shells?

Post by hd_scania »

I am just introducing to other Unix people how Windows sysadmin is troublesome to Unix people ourselves, and i am NOT asking questions but also this board is for OPEN DISCUSSIONS.
Finally you should understand what i am introducing which you have installed Powershell for Linux or MacOS from the Github front page for Powershell. :)

rene
Level 16
Level 16

Post by rene »

hd_scania wrote:I am NOT asking questions
Must've been the question marks that threw me off. But, sure, have fun discussing :|

Pilosopong Tasyo
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Pilosopong Tasyo »

Usually, a short introduction to your initial post, e.g. "Hey all, I'd like to share with everyone..." makes the nature of your thread clearer to others from the get-go. Just saying.
o Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish and he will eat for a lifetime!
o If an issue has been fixed, please edit your first post and add the word [SOLVED].

Flemur
Level 18
Level 18

Re: R: Windows sudo shells?

Post by Flemur »

hd_scania wrote:I am just introducing to other Unix people how Windows sysadmin is troublesome to Unix people ourselves
It's troublesome for everyone because it's an awful hack where anyone can do anything except the administrator, who can't delete a certain file without jumping thru hoops. Terrible syntax, too. But I don't think anyone cares because this isn't a windows forum.
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] if/when it is solved!
Your data and OS are backed up....right?

hd_scania
Level 1
Level 1

Post by hd_scania »

Pilosopong Tasyo wrote:Usually, a short introduction to your initial post, e.g. "Hey all, I'd like to share with everyone..." makes the nature of your thread clearer to others from the get-go. Just saying.
Thanks reminding to help clarify the thread, it's just why a guy has been thrown off behind his question marks. :)

hd_scania
Level 1
Level 1

Post by hd_scania »

Flemur wrote:
hd_scania wrote:I am just introducing to other Unix people how Windows sysadmin is troublesome to Unix people ourselves
It's troublesome for everyone because it's an awful hack where anyone can do anything except the administrator, who can't delete a certain file without jumping thru hoops. Terrible syntax, too. But I don't think anyone cares because this is an Unix forum, and not a Windows one.
Here, my sysadmin needs to stand for system administrations if some of us were Windows REFUGEES which our hw systems were installed with Windows just before our Unix life, here just need to clarify what this acronym needs to stand for. :)
Last edited by hd_scania on Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:57 am, edited 2 times in total.

MintBean

Post by MintBean »

You'll probably get more interest on a Windows forum. I can't even figure out what you're talking about, TBH.

hd_scania
Level 1
Level 1

Post by hd_scania »

MintBean wrote:You'll probably get more interest on a Windows forum. I can't even figure out what you're talking about, TBH.
Some of us esp the Windows REFUGEES know Windows well, but Windows forums know little for Unix, UNLESS they need Cygwin or Unix remote desktops, or cloud OS of Unix guests. :roll: :|

Return to “Open chat”