CIA targets Linux users.

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
revian

Re: CIA targets Linux users.

Post by revian »

samriggs wrote:
Faust wrote:
samriggs wrote:
Probably the same as the rest of us....... nothing.
I have to disagree with you there .
I am not one of the " us " , and I'm guessing that there are many others on here that take the same view .

A simple first step is to take full control of your router , and that may mean buying a new one .
If I can't flash the firmware , install something like dd-wrt , or run pfSense , then I don't want it in my home.

As a general rule-of-thumb , if you are using the router supplied by your ISP it is pretty certain that it benefits " them " much more than it benefits the user .
By doing nothing differently I meant what I do on the internet, I keep firmware updated, all passwords are not in my computer but stored outside, I do regular back-ups etc etc etc... blah blah blah.... I do what I can to keep it as secure as I can but am I going to change my internet habits? nope!
Not that I do anything anyhow except my coding and art and play some games.
jimallyn wrote:“Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy because you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say. It’s a deeply anti social principle because rights are not just individual, they’re collective, and what may not have value to you today may have value to an entire population, an entire people, an entire way of life tomorrow. And if you don’t stand up for it, then who will?” - Edward Snowden

I have nothing to hide, but I don't appreciate people who can't mind their own business.
I fully agree agree with this, free will is extremely important to me and having other humans snooping just for the sake of some form of having power over another human is insane in my books, I seen Snowden's film and agree with a ton of it, snooping on everyone is nothing more then communism in my books for whatever excuse they try to use for doing it.
It's actually worst then big brother theories in my books it's someone constantly nagging you to pry into your life by force, like some insane neighbour who just opens the door and lets themself in then open the door bathroom door while your taking a dump just cause they can.
This kind of thing is psychotic and totally insane.

So don't take me wrong I am against such things but I will not change my surfing habits just cause some agent wants to follow me around like some insane stocker.
If this was a neighbour doing the same thing, it would be stocking and harassment and charges could be filed.
We should have pity on the US government, they need psychiatric help. Snooping is done out of fear, nothing more or less.
samriggs

Post by samriggs »

and control over fellow humans.
I always looked at it as someone constantly staring at you, it gets unnerving after awhile because their gaze is fixed on you constantly, it becomes totally annoying.
After telling the person not to stare because it's just rude, they keep staring and in the end you just figure they got some kind of mental issue.
It's a crazy planet, but it's better then Mars.
revian

Post by revian »

samriggs wrote:and control over fellow humans.
I always looked at it as someone constantly staring at you, it gets unnerving after awhile because their gaze is fixed on you constantly, it becomes totally annoying.
After telling the person not to stare because it's just rude, they keep staring and in the end you just figure they got some kind of mental issue.
It's a crazy planet, but it's better then Mars.
It's only unnerving if you allow it to be so. This reminds me of a story..

An old Cherokee is teaching his grandson about life. “A fight is going on inside me,” he said to the boy.
“It is a terrible fight and it is between two wolves. One is evil – he is anger, envy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego.”

He continued, “The other is good – he is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion, and faith.

The same fight is going on inside you – and inside every other person, too.”

The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather, “Which wolf will win?”
The old Cherokee simply replied, “The one you feed.”

Don't feed the wrong wolf.
samriggs

Post by samriggs »

I have an old saying that suits me better as an old dude
Never trust a fart
Jack Nicholson

Return to “Open Chat”