Buggy M$ Outlook Sending Encrypted Emails With Plaintext Copy For Months

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
Drygar_2016
Level 2
Level 2

Buggy M$ Outlook Sending Encrypted Emails With Plaintext Copy For Months

Post by Drygar_2016 »

If you made the mistake of trusting Microsoft for security ... you might be interested >> From at least last 6 months, your messages were being sent in both encrypted and unencrypted forms, exposing all your secret and sensitive communications to potential eavesdroppers. And it took Microsoft months to fix this design flaw

Info
https://www.sec-consult.com/en/blog/201 ... index.html
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 30 days after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
jimallyn
Level 19
Level 19

Re: Buggy M$ Outlook Sending Encrypted Emails With Plaintext Copy For Months

Post by jimallyn »

I am not surprised.

(Moved to Open Chat, as this is not about Mint.)
“If the government were coming for your TVs and cars, then you'd be upset. But, as it is, they're only coming for your sons.” - Daniel Berrigan
Portreve
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Portreve »

My company still insists on using Outlook and other MS Office tools. They deployed LibreOffice to all their remote locations when they did the rollout this past year from Windows XP to Windows 8. The people in charge of my company's IT department were so clueless about technology (other software was rolled out at the same time) that the senior staff were all let go.

Personally, I haven't had Outlook as my regular daily-driver email program since I was laid off from Sony in 2006. In the past, I have used Microsoft Entourage (because Microsoft couldn't be bothered to port Outlook to Mac OS X) but given that I use Gmail and I haven't had a dial-up Internet connection since 2003, I don't really see the point in using an email program on my desktop.
Flying this flag in support of freedom 🇺🇦

Recommended keyboard layout: English (intl., with AltGR dead keys)

Podcasts: Linux Unplugged, Destination Linux

Also check out Thor Hartmannsson's Linux Tips YouTube Channel
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Moem »

I never used Outlook at all. Back when I was on Windows, I started off using Eudora... and when that stopped being updated, I found SeaMonkey Mail. I tried it out by letting it import my emails and setting, and I fell in love. Still using it to this day and VERY happy that it made the jump to Linux with me!

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!
jimallyn
Level 19
Level 19

Post by jimallyn »

They got the name of it wrong. Instead of Outlook, it should be LookOut!
“If the government were coming for your TVs and cars, then you'd be upset. But, as it is, they're only coming for your sons.” - Daniel Berrigan
MintBean

Post by MintBean »

Irony: Expecting a company that eavesdrops on your personal files to give a damn about encrypting your communications.

Return to “Open Chat”