[Forum Question] So does every post I make have to be approved by staff?

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
Nihilego

[Forum Question] So does every post I make have to be approved by staff?

Post by Nihilego »

I'm just wondering since it keeps saying that every post I make has to be approved by someone before being actually posted. I'd like to know if it's like this for everyone or just newly registered users such as myself.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 30 days after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
killer de bug

Re: [Forum Question] So is does every post I make have to be approved by staff?

Post by killer de bug »

New users posts have to be approved before they appear on the board.
Lucap
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Lucap »

Wonder if the Mods have ever been caught out by a filthy spammer, though would they admit it in public. :D
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Moem »

Sometimes, people post what looks like a reasonable post, then add a spammy signature later. Of course, they then get banned as soon as we see it.
If you've never seen such a spammy poster, then we're doing a decent job here. :wink:

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!
killer de bug

Post by killer de bug »

I agree with Moem.
If you are wondering, then we do a good job. :mrgreen:
DAMIEN1307

Post by DAMIEN1307 »

Hi folks...here is just another great posting that nihilego started that gives me the opportunity to once again express my appreciation for all the moderators do here for the greater benefit of we, the forum users...they (as well as other users) not only give advice to others on how to fix and and find their way around LM, they also make sure that everyone "plays nice" and learn how to "play well with others" though i admit from time to time i see where some approach the precipice of maybe not being so nice to others, the moderators tend to reign them in, in a kind and thoughtful manner, in order to consider their conduct within the forum...it is an art form to be able to do this with the utmost diplomacy and the right word usage...also one of the things they do is to dispel FUD...for those who do not know that term, it stands for fear, uncertainty, and doubt when it comes to false information spread about linux operating systems etc., that seem to come from people with little knowledge trying to express themselves forcefully...they also work hard with keeping the spam bots at bay which would otherwise take over the forums with ads, spam etc. that would overwhelm the boards and make them useless to conduct their purpose of educating and advising the LM end user...SO THANK-YOU MODS...yep thats a SHOUT OUT, and keep up your good and valuable work here in the LM Forums...DAMIEN
Lucap
Level 6
Level 6

Re: [Forum Question] So does every post I make have to be approved by staff?

Post by Lucap »

Wonder if that could be considered as Mod Love spam. :P
majpooper
Level 8
Level 8

Re: [Forum Question] So does every post I make have to be approved by staff?

Post by majpooper »

Lucap wrote:Wonder if that could be considered as Mod Love spam. :P
Yeah - I mean he's right really but still kinda of like bringing a nice shiny red apple for the teacher.
Portreve
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Portreve »

Moem wrote:Sometimes, people post what looks like a reasonable post, then add a spammy signature later. Of course, they then get banned as soon as we see it.
If you've never seen such a spammy poster, then we're doing a decent job here. :wink:
Oh, puh-leeze, Moem. We all know "pics or it didn't happen"... :lol:
Flying this flag in support of freedom 🇺🇦

Recommended keyboard layout: English (intl., with AltGR dead keys)

Podcasts: Linux Unplugged, Destination Linux

Also check out Thor Hartmannsson's Linux Tips YouTube Channel

Return to “Open Chat”