Note sure if this even Belongs in this Forum

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
mdoverl

Note sure if this even Belongs in this Forum

Post by mdoverl »

So I'm looking to start a business. I'm wondering what everyone thinks about a business name, what names attract them to it, and does not attract them to the business?

For years I and my wife have talked about starting a business (be it my business ideas or her business ideas). But we shoot them down pretty quickly due to what we believe to be the location of where we live in issues(Iowa, Des Moines, US), and my belief that most businesses focus too much on one product which freezes them out on other product opportunities, or they focus on too many products and themselves thin.

I've been thinking pretty strongly about starting a computer (and have thought about selling my Magic: The Gathering Cards lately) business lately, and I've realized I don't want a multi-billion dollar corporation and that other people are most likely doing exactly what I'm doing (if not thousands of people doing a computer business on sites such as on Amazon, Walmart, and eBay.).

Anyways, I realize that many people will have different opinions and ideas about what I just said. But I'm really just curious about my first question. Business names, what are your thoughts and opinions on them?

Heck, this might be another business idea a shoot down, but I love fixing and working on computers and laptops.

Really, I'm just throwing a feeler out there to get other peoples opinion?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 30 days after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Pierre
Level 21
Level 21

Re: Note sure if this even Belongs in this Forum

Post by Pierre »

probably some combination of Your Name,, Fixing Computers,, Your Physical Location.
- would give any potential customer(s) an idea of what you are doing . . .
:)
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] - when your problem is solved!
and DO LOOK at those Unanswered Topics - - you may be able to answer some!.
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Re: Note sure if this even Belongs in this Forum

Post by Moem »

Mod note:
It did not belong in any subforum on the 'Main edition support' section; here in Open Chat, it's fine.

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!

Return to “Open Chat”