The future of the PC OS ?

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
old_noob
Level 4
Level 4

Re: The future of the PC OS ?

Post by old_noob »

My take is that MS is a lot like Kodak was 25 years ago: still a huge company, lots of money coming in, but the writing was on the wall. It will be replaced with something better. My heart says Linux but my money insists on google.
BG405
Level 9
Level 9

Post by BG405 »

MS appears to be focussing on tablets. I know there is a "Desktop Mode" but it's not on by default; maybe it is on editions other than Home? I don't know. Since these devices have limited practicality other than entertainment it seems likely that there will be more uptake of other OSs including Linux on PCs and laptops.

Google is likely to gain a significant proportion of the users moving away from Windows but that isn't new.

Just my 2p worth.
Dell Inspiron 1525 - LM17.3 CE 64-------------------Lenovo T440 - Manjaro KDE with Mint VMs
Toshiba NB250 - Manjaro KDE------------------------Acer Aspire One D255E - LM21.3 Xfce
Acer Aspire E11 ES1-111M - LM18.2 KDE 64 ----Two ROMS don't make a WRITE
Sir Charles

Post by Sir Charles »

Whatever one might think about Microsoft and its products, this one looks like a cool, nice productivity enhancing feature instead of arranging and rearranging windows and workspaces.

Return to “Open Chat”