An early ironic Christmas present :D

Chat about just about anything else
CaseyMarie
Level 1
Level 1

An early ironic Christmas present :D

Post by CaseyMarie » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:39 pm

My friend Leah gave me a wonderful little present today! I don't know how many of you remember the Amiga. But if you do it was likely that you were extremely familiar with this piece of software! This is the only original copy I have ever seen! I don't think I even believed one existed! Maybe I should frame it! It's an incredibly nerdy old school curio!

https://imgur.com/PsWEBPK

Remember that noise it made? Bluhluhluhluhluh

MintBean
Level 9
Level 9

Re: An early ironic Christmas present :D

Post by MintBean » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:49 pm

Aw man when my mate got an Amiga it blew my socks off. For the first time you had arcade quality graphics and sound at home, plus a proper multi-tasking graphical OS. No advance in computing has or will ever make such an impact on me.

I used to have a disc with a stack of copiers on it, amongst them X-copy. I guess many were produced by the 'cracking crews' because they often had demo-esque mini intros. One used to play "Yo Ho (A Pirate's Life for Me.)"

CaseyMarie
Level 1
Level 1

Re: An early ironic Christmas present :D

Post by CaseyMarie » Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:09 am

Yes that was quick nibble! I adored my Amiga! Perhaps it's because I was little and computing was still this magical thing I didn't really understand but I have so much nostalgia and memories about it, it's really how I got started. I guess actually having physical disks was a lot more tactile than it is today somehow. The games always looked and sounded better than the dos ports which was lovely although guru meditations happened quite often so it was a trade off ^^

https://youtu.be/apAuMvhMMWw

Return to “Open chat”