What is your Fav Car at this moment?

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
Fred Barclay
Level 12
Level 12

Re: What is your Fav Car at this moment?

Post by Fred Barclay »

old_noob wrote:I love the 2015 Honda CRV I currently drive.
Do they still have a collapsible table in the boot?
"Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing stripes with plaid comes easy."
- Albert Einstein
old_noob
Level 4
Level 4

Post by old_noob »

The table was discontinued in 2010 here in the US. A member of our homebrew club has one of these that still gets used a few times a year.

There are thousands for sale on ebay...
151tom
Level 4
Level 4

Post by 151tom »

Last edited by 151tom on Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Last year we said, 'Things can't go on like this', and they didn't, they got worse.
[Will Rogers]

There are two theories to arguing with a woman. Neither works.
[Will Rogers]
InkKnife
Level 5
Level 5

Post by InkKnife »

I am quite happy with my old, trusty Mazda3 with the sp23 performance package. Zoomy enough to be fun but also very practical and comfortable with really nice leather seats.
i7 3770, 12GB of ram, 256GB SSD, 64GB SSD, 750GB HDD, 1TB HDD, Cinnamon.
Citizen229

Post by Citizen229 »

I got 3 old beasts in the shed. 49,54 and 65. The 54 is close... I cant wait. If its a fat fender pickup with a carb, brand does not matter.
richlion2
Level 2
Level 2

Post by richlion2 »

Columbo
"For me it's just a means of transportation..."
They all eventually end up as scrap metal.
Jeffex
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Jeffex »

majpooper wrote:
Jeffex wrote:Here is my 2003 Holden Commodore Acclaim V6, I love the power and the roomy interior.
Cost me $NZ 4,900
https://imgur.com/Ctd0Hpt
https://imgur.com/XUcoPal
GM has re-badged the Holden Commodore - again - as a Chevy Impala SS in the USA. The first time it was re-badged as a Pontiac G8. I tried to buy one around 2007-08 but they were back ordered and they would not come off the sticker price.
Yeah, I thought Holdens were called Chevrolet in the US.
Linux Mint 20.1 Ulyssa, Cinnamon: 4.4.8
Tomgin5
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Tomgin5 »

I am enjoying my 1997 Mercedes E320 with the last of the German straight sixes. 30 MPG, roomy, and has the same performance as my old 66 Barracuda formula S. The Mercedes is 17 MPH faster at the top end at 165 MPH. This after 160,000 miles. The old Barracuda couldn't keep a bottom end in it past 50K. Went through 3 engines in 150,000 miles.
majpooper
Level 8
Level 8

Post by majpooper »

Jeffex wrote:
majpooper wrote:
Jeffex wrote:Here is my 2003 Holden Commodore Acclaim V6, I love the power and the roomy interior.
Cost me $NZ 4,900
https://imgur.com/Ctd0Hpt
https://imgur.com/XUcoPal
GM has re-badged the Holden Commodore - again - as a Chevy Impala SS in the USA. The first time it was re-badged as a Pontiac G8. I tried to buy one around 2007-08 but they were back ordered and they would not come off the sticker price.
Yeah, I thought Holdens were called Chevrolet in the US.
Well kinda of - Holden Engineering has the run of the GM parts bin. So Holdens are not simply re-badged Chevys - they are GM cars but not Chevys. But the Impala SS (and the former Pontiac G8) are literally Holden Commodores - The G8 was built in Australia not sure about the Impala SS but it is the same car though - basically a Chevy sedan with a Corvette engine and beefed up suspension that will run with a much more expensive BMW M5.
AndyMH
Level 21
Level 21

Post by AndyMH »

If I voted with my heart it would have to be an Austin Healey 3000 Mk3. But realistically, having had one of those middle aged 'return to youth' moments a decade ago, I drove a TR6 (had one as a youth), awful, I'd forgotten the heavy steering, heavy clutch, etc, the Healy would be the same!!! Went out and bought a Jaguar XJS instead. Had three C class Mercedes on the trot, love them. 3 litre diesel, 270BHP and +40mpg with all the bells & whistles.
Thinkcentre M720Q - LM21.3 cinnamon, 4 x T430 - LM21.3 cinnamon, Homebrew desktop i5-8400+GTX1080 Cinnamon 19.0
norm.h
Level 5
Level 5

Post by norm.h »

My favourite car is the one I bought new in 2007, and still run.
A Ford Focus 1.6 Ghia Auto and only 15k miles on the clock!

Go figure, as they say..............
trapperjohn

Post by trapperjohn »

The Chevy Cargo Van. It's the only vehicle I ever want to drive.

If you are thinking about a PU Truck... don't. They all have the useless crew cab now and a five foot bed that hauls nothing but snow.
NChewie

Post by NChewie »

My favourite was a BMW 318is coupe that I got in 1994.

Only 140 BHP but back wheel drive and perfectly balanced. :D
idle

Post by idle »

http://oi66.tinypic.com/2cs6gwh.jpg

I'm lucky enough to own my dream car. A Mitsubishi Evolution VI Tommi Makinen Edition. Bought the car completely stock and rebuilt the car from the ground up. The mission, to built the ultimate dream car, no expense spared. Outright top end power wasn't the goal, but a more balanced package with big power, yet comfortable enough for every day use.
Imported a Tomei crate engine from Japan http://tomeiusa.com/_2003web-catalogue/ ... g63_e.html which has all the bells and whistles, with the billeted crank option. Larger than stock turbo, HKS L.A (light actuation) clutch for ease of use while city driving.
The list of parts, modifications and work done is endless. Since that picture was taken I've upgraded to a larger turbo. Can cruise the city streets like a regular car and can turn it into an insane rocket if needed. Dual boost controller in cockpit means with a flick of the switch it can produce well over 300Kw and with 700nm of torque at all 4 wheels ... Its my little 4 cylinder pocket rocket :lol:

Here's a little clip of it on the dyno. (run cut short as it wanted to jump off the dyno) Its been upgraded since with a larger turbo and a few other bits ...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iMjn1X6pJ8
CaptainKirksChair
Level 4
Level 4

Post by CaptainKirksChair »

1971 Dodge Challenger Convertible - 383 cubic inch displacement engine - Plum Crazy Purple with White interior (the photo has a 340 not a 383 but I'd take it anyway)

1967 Chevelle SS396 Convertible - 396 cubic inch displacement engine - Silver with Black interior. I even like the wheels.

caf4926
Level 7
Level 7

Post by caf4926 »

Subaru Forester sti
Linux Mint 21.1 Cinnamon
KalEl

Post by KalEl »

The Yeallow cab

Return to “Open Chat”