Krita users: discovered great brush set

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
ArtGirl

Krita users: discovered great brush set

Post by ArtGirl »

https://iforce73.deviantart.com/art/Kri ... -699127188 ... the deviant art link to iforce73's brush sets (working fine with the 3.3.2 appimage. He's done 2 youtube videos demonstrating them also, which are very good: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxiWER ... gwHS1gmIjQ :)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 30 days after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
stereo555
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Krita users: discovered great brush set

Post by stereo555 »

ArtGirl, thanks so much for posting this. I saw your link to this in another thread and immediately installed these brushes, plus a couple of other large packs of brushes that looked interesting. These are incredibly useful for me, I've been playing with them ever since downloading them, and I'm really impressed with what they'll do. I've been firing up Photoshop in Windows to do some things but now with the new brush sets that won't be necessary. Krita works beautifully in Linux, great program.
Thanks again!
ArtGirl

Post by ArtGirl »

stereo555 wrote:ArtGirl, thanks so much for posting this. I saw your link to this in another thread and immediately installed these brushes, plus a couple of other large packs of brushes that looked interesting. These are incredibly useful for me, I've been playing with them ever since downloading them, and I'm really impressed with what they'll do. I've been firing up Photoshop in Windows to do some things but now with the new brush sets that won't be necessary. Krita works beautifully in Linux, great program.
Thanks again!
Hi stereo55. I'm very glad you like the brushes packs so much (is RZV's one of the other packs you've found? https://razvanc-r.gitlab.io/posts/2017/ ... -brushkit/). :D Amazing brush pack that really adds so much to Krita. That's great that you like working with Krita/Linux. I can't stop doodling trees and lakes and sunsets etc either, lol. Happy painting!
Last edited by ArtGirl on Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
jimallyn
Level 19
Level 19

Post by jimallyn »

An old girlfriend of mine has been talking about doing some artwork on her computer forever. I should get the two of you together and you could probably give her some pointers on what programs to use ans so on. The last time she and I talked we talked about putting Linux on her computer and the associated art programs, but we just haven't gotten around to it yet. Maybe I'll call her tomorrow.
“If the government were coming for your TVs and cars, then you'd be upset. But, as it is, they're only coming for your sons.” - Daniel Berrigan
ArtGirl

Post by ArtGirl »

jimallyn wrote:An old girlfriend of mine has been talking about doing some artwork on her computer forever. I should get the two of you together and you could probably give her some pointers on what programs to use ans so on. The last time she and I talked we talked about putting Linux on her computer and the associated art programs, but we just haven't gotten around to it yet. Maybe I'll call her tomorrow.
I'm sure she'd like Krita and particularly the two brush packs referenced here. There's Ramon's 'muses' brushes built in to Krita too, which are lovely. Other than that, Radian does a brush set. They're the main 4 I use.

On Linux there's only MyPaint and Krita that are more geared towards painting, although I've seen some nice artworks done with Gimp now and then. I'd not recommend she tries Gimp though, and MyPaint includes having to do any move/resize outside (eg in Pinta). In Krita you can do everything you need to; I keep it organised purely for painting, but it can be used for animation or ps-style editing etc too. It can seem very complicated, but can be pared down to just enjoying the brushes and simple editing. I have no issues with lag using an i7/16 ram, but there may be some issues with other specs. If her pc has issues with lag, MyPaint could be an alternative to just splosh whatever and enjoy that.

A good place for her to start exploring is just to play with the brushes ... saving brush sizes and tagging her own personal favourites would be best while doing so [see image], as there are a lot of brushes. Other than that, there's a few settings, simple move/resize, import a couple of brush bundles, and the other features can stay in the background until whenever. If she really takes to it, I can provide the simplest of instructions for basic settings and move/resize, which is all that's needed for purely painting, and there's the forum for anything else.

https://s8.postimg.org/kyj40cp9h/Screen ... -19-25.png
(any unrecognisable brushes are where I've used the scratchpad to the right in the 'save tweaks' section, to overwrite and save a new icon)

Return to “Open Chat”