The experience with my smartphone

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
KalEl

The experience with my smartphone

Post by KalEl »

The biggest experience I've made with my smartphone

I bought a smartphone last year
He is not oh a super smartphone
I only use smartphone for emergencies
I do not use applications, facebook, instagram or whatever
Since I bought the smartphone
I set up with my google email
Ever since I bought this gadget using it or not every day I have to recharge it.
I always leave it at my desk and at the end of the day the battery is at low level.

Last month I did a Performing a Basic Reset the smartphone. https://www.wikihow.com/Reset-Your-Android-Phone
I deleted my google email account
So I turned it on and got the set-up screen
I just did not put my google email
So I charged it to 100% of the battery
I made 4 calls just to see if it was working and it was working
I left it at my desk as I always do the battery lasted for than 2 days
So I Performing a Basic Rese and activated my google email and put my email
And the battery continues to discharge and 1 day

I should have filmed this ....
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 30 days after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
deepakdeshp
Level 20
Level 20

Re: The experience with my smartphone

Post by deepakdeshp »

You have a knack to cpmpose nice poems
If I have helped you solve a problem, please add [SOLVED] to your first post title, it helps other users looking for help.
Regards,
Deepak

Mint 21.1 Cinnamon 64 bit with AMD A6 / 8GB
Mint 21.1 Cinnamon AMD Ryzen3500U/8gb
deepakdeshp
Level 20
Level 20

Post by deepakdeshp »

. I do not use applications, facebook, instagram or whatever
you can and also many other programs can be used.Smartphone nowadays are very powerful computing Linux machines in our hand.Android is after all based on Linux, though not a full blown Linux
If I have helped you solve a problem, please add [SOLVED] to your first post title, it helps other users looking for help.
Regards,
Deepak

Mint 21.1 Cinnamon 64 bit with AMD A6 / 8GB
Mint 21.1 Cinnamon AMD Ryzen3500U/8gb
KalEl

Post by KalEl »

deepakdeshp wrote:
. I do not use applications, facebook, instagram or whatever
you can and also many other programs can be used.Smartphone nowadays are very powerful computing Linux machines in our hand.Android is after all based on Linux, though not a full blown Linux

what I wanted to say is that everything is perfect on the smartphone the problem is having to put your google account
michael louwe

Post by michael louwe »

@ KalEl, .......

My Android smartphone is setup with a Google account, which is quite useful for Google Cloud Recovery Backup of the system. I also have a fixed-line Home-telephone.

I hard-switch-off my smartphone by long-pressing the Power button and only power it back on on alternate days just to check for new notifications, eg messages, missed calls = I only have to charge my smartphone once in about 2 weeks. The battery is in its 3rd year of use.
Portreve
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Portreve »

Why in the world would you folks bother spending money on a smart phone if you really don't want to actually use the thing?

I'm sorry, but I'm calling you out on this. You're being intellectually disingenuous.
Flying this flag in support of freedom 🇺🇦

Recommended keyboard layout: English (intl., with AltGR dead keys)

Podcasts: Linux Unplugged, Destination Linux

Also check out Thor Hartmannsson's Linux Tips YouTube Channel
austin.texas
Level 20
Level 20

Post by austin.texas »

Portreve wrote:Why in the world would you folks bother spending money on a smart phone if you really don't want to actually use the thing?

I'm sorry, but I'm calling you out on this. You're being intellectually disingenuous.
I have to disagree with this.
I have a smart phone now - not because I want one, but because that is all my service is offering for sale.
I can think of plenty of examples where they are not selling what I want to buy - or at least rarely. How about computers that are not hardwired for Windows? And the one that peeves me... every monitor that I see on display in Fry's or Best Buy or where-ever is a wide screen, usually with inadequate resolution - not at all what I want to buy.
/end rant
Mint 18.2 Cinnamon, Quad core AMD A8-3870 with Radeon HD Graphics 6550D, 8GB DDR3, Ralink RT2561/RT61 802.11g PCI
Linux Linx 2018
killer de bug

Post by killer de bug »

I have observed the same on my side. I solved the issue by blocking hangout and a few other google app. Also I do not update the Gmail app as this leads to battery drain.
austin.texas
Level 20
Level 20

Post by austin.texas »

killer de bug wrote:I have observed the same on my side. I solved the issue by blocking hangout and a few other google app. Also I do not update the Gmail app as this leads to battery drain.
This is a good plan. I want to use Google Maps for driving assistance, which requires a Google account, so to avoid the constant notifications for various things I created a new Gmail account which is used for nothing at all except the phone. That cut down on the battery usage.
Mint 18.2 Cinnamon, Quad core AMD A8-3870 with Radeon HD Graphics 6550D, 8GB DDR3, Ralink RT2561/RT61 802.11g PCI
Linux Linx 2018
Citizen229

Post by Citizen229 »

Im kind of in the same boat. I dont want a smart phone, but i dont want to go back to texting T9 word. They just dont make QWERTY dumb phones anymore.

Return to “Open Chat”