Dogs?

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
BaltyRaven

Re: Dogs?

Post by BaltyRaven »

My grandma used to have a dog named BJ. I'm not sure if she's alive though, since she was pretty old when I first saw her (I was about 4).
sammiev

Post by sammiev »

Mine had the bent over ear as well until it was alert.

Thanks for the pic! :D
tovian
Level 5
Level 5

Post by tovian »

I don't want to overwork this theme, but here's another cool pic.....
click the thumbnail below

“I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part"
"We're just the guys to do it”

Animal House
MurphCID
Level 15
Level 15

Post by MurphCID »

LOL. I had to talk to a guy once who ran, and then decided to turn around and bite the police dog. It did not end well for him. They did manage to re-attach his ear and nostril, and 40 other sutures to close all of the other bites and punctures.
tovian wrote:I don't want to overwork this theme, but here's another cool pic.....

Fred Barclay
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Fred Barclay »

tovian wrote:I don't want to overwork this theme, but here's another cool pic.....

:lol:
"Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing stripes with plaid comes easy."
- Albert Einstein
MurphCID
Level 15
Level 15

Post by MurphCID »

The Golden is sleeping now, and is chasing something in her dreams, it is funny to watch her sleep run.
mike acker
Level 7
Level 7

Post by mike acker »

VM2B0836X-r600.jpg
Mitsi
¡Viva la Resistencia!
Pepi
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Pepi »

My daughter's new Aussie 8)
27540115_10211410305872967_7416800720138794417_n.jpg
Jim Hauser

Post by Jim Hauser »

Jim Hauser wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:07 am I have always had at least one dog...

My current companion is a female Border Collie / Labrador mix that is 13 years old and reaching her end days. When she goes I will get another dog. That is just the way I am.

When I was a kid we did not have dogs at our house.

When I turned 19 and had my own place things changed... For the past 41 years I have always had dogs.
Her hips finally gave out on her and she died tonight in the house at my feet. She was the smartest dog I ever had! Will bury her in the morning....
AZgl1800
Level 20
Level 20
Location: Oklahoma where the wind comes Sweeping down the Plains

Post by AZgl1800 »

JerryF wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:07 am We used to, but after having to euthanize two very sick dogs (not at the same time) we no longer have any. Can't go through that again.
The best solution for that is to get another dog quick.

We lost our well beloved St. Bernard to cancer, at the tender age of 7....

We started looking and found a Great Pyrenees, she is all white, and very loving, and very much watchful when outside. No one gets close without her alerting us.

LM21.3 Cinnamon ASUS FX705GM | Donate to Mint https://www.patreon.com/linux_mint
rumpus
Level 4
Level 4

Post by rumpus »

Jim Hauser wrote: ⤴
Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:07 am
I have always had at least one dog...

My current companion is a female Border Collie / Labrador mix that is 13 years old and reaching her end days. When she goes I will get another dog. That is just the way I am.

When I was a kid we did not have dogs at our house.

When I turned 19 and had my own place things changed... For the past 41 years I have always had dogs.

Her hips finally gave out on her and she died tonight in the house at my feet. She was the smartest dog I ever had! Will bury her in the morning..
I am sorry for the loss of your friend. A dog gives their love and companionship to you and expects only a food bowl and a little tenderness in return.
Never use the expression...replace my dog....for I have learned that none are replaceable. Each is unique, but all give their life to you.

I have always shared my life with a dog and at the age of 81 have lost many. I feel your loss. r
JerryF
Level 16
Level 16

Post by JerryF »

Jim Hauser wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:11 am
Her hips finally gave out on her and she died tonight in the house at my feet. She was the smartest dog I ever had! Will bury her in the morning....
Jim, so sorry to hear that. My condolences to you.
JerryF
Level 16
Level 16

Post by JerryF »

AZgl1500 wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:27 am We lost our well beloved St. Bernard to cancer, at the tender age of 7....
AZ, my condolences to you.
rumpus
Level 4
Level 4

Post by rumpus »

This is an article I have kept for many years. For dog lovers... Dog's Prayer

By Beth Norman Harris

Treat me kindly my beloved master, for no heart in all the world is more grateful for kindness than the loving heart of me.

Do not break my spirit with a stick, or though I should lick your hand between the blows, your patience and understanding will more quickly teach me the things you would have me do.

Speak to me often, for your voice is the world's sweetest music, as you must know by the fierce wagging of my tail when your footstep falls upon my waiting ear.

When it is cold and wet, please take me inside...for I am now a domesticated animal, no longer used to bitter elements...and I ask no greater glory than the privilege of sitting at your feet beside the hearth...though had you no home, I would rather follow you through ice and snow than rest upon the sofest pillow inthe warmest home in all the land...for you are my god...and I am your devoted worshiper.

Keep my pan filled with fresh water, for although I should not reproach you were it dry. I cannot tell you when I suffer thirst. Feed me clean food, that I may stay well, to romp and play and do your bidding, to walk by your side, and stand ready, willing and able to protect you with my life, should your life be in danger.

And, beloved master, should the Great Master see fit to deprive me of my health or sight, do not trun me away from you. Rather hold me gently in your arms as skilled hands grant me the merciful boon of eternal rest...and I will leave you knowing with the last breath I drew, my fate was ever safest in your hands. r
Cosmo.
Level 24
Level 24

Post by Cosmo. »

rumpus wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:06 am This is an article I have kept for many years. For dog lovers... Dog's Prayer

By Beth Norman Harris

Treat me kindly my beloved master, for no heart in all the world is more grateful for kindness than the loving heart of me.

Do not break my spirit with a stick, or though I should lick your hand between the blows, your patience and understanding will more quickly teach me the things you would have me do.

Speak to me often, for your voice is the world's sweetest music, as you must know by the fierce wagging of my tail when your footstep falls upon my waiting ear.

When it is cold and wet, please take me inside...for I am now a domesticated animal, no longer used to bitter elements...and I ask no greater glory than the privilege of sitting at your feet beside the hearth...though had you no home, I would rather follow you through ice and snow than rest upon the sofest pillow inthe warmest home in all the land...for you are my god...and I am your devoted worshiper.

Keep my pan filled with fresh water, for although I should not reproach you were it dry. I cannot tell you when I suffer thirst. Feed me clean food, that I may stay well, to romp and play and do your bidding, to walk by your side, and stand ready, willing and able to protect you with my life, should your life be in danger.

And, beloved master, should the Great Master see fit to deprive me of my health or sight, do not trun me away from you. Rather hold me gently in your arms as skilled hands grant me the merciful boon of eternal rest...and I will leave you knowing with the last breath I drew, my fate was ever safest in your hands. r
People who know me do also know, that I usually hate full quotes. But here I cannot resist and have to do an exception. It is so wonderful.

A big thank you - from me and from my four legged lady! :D
Jim Hauser

Post by Jim Hauser »

The only things my dog asked from me is a good bed, lots of play time, a bowl of food, a bowl of water and a sample of everything I eat... :-)
Citizen229

Post by Citizen229 »

My stupid dobie dobe.
rumpus
Level 4
Level 4

Post by rumpus »

Cosmo wrote A big thank you - from me and from my four legged lady! :D
You are very welcome Cosmo. May you and your puppy enjoy many years together...r
AZgl1800
Level 20
Level 20
Location: Oklahoma where the wind comes Sweeping down the Plains

Post by AZgl1800 »

Jim Hauser wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:06 am The only things my dog asked from me is a good bed, lots of play time, a bowl of food, a bowl of water and a sample of everything I eat... :-)
Jim,
I fully agree here... no matter how mad I get at what our Great Pyrenees has managed to get into, when I clap my hands and she comes running to me, I go to great lengths to ooh and awww all over her, and play with her face, and tingle behind her ears.....

both of our dogs come running when I clap my hands, we have our house encircled with a cyclone fence, and they love to run round and round, and when on the back side, the only way to get them to hear me is to clap my hands....

We live adjacent to railroad tracks, and they pass us by many times an hour.... and clapping hands seems to get through even the train noise, and they come running.

http://www.yourpurebredpuppy.com/review ... enees.html

Great Pyrenees.jpg
LM21.3 Cinnamon ASUS FX705GM | Donate to Mint https://www.patreon.com/linux_mint
Arch_Enemy
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Arch_Enemy »

tovian wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:34 am I don't want to overwork this theme, but here's another cool pic.....

This is SO stolen! :lol:
I have travelled 37629424162.9 miles in my lifetime

One thing I would suggest, create a partition as a 50G partition as /. Partition the rest as /Home. IF the system fails, reinstall and use the exact same username and all your 'stuff' comes back to you.

Return to “Open Chat”