Sylvia-Cinnamon distro and MacBook Pro

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
mi2501

Sylvia-Cinnamon distro and MacBook Pro

Post by mi2501 »

I would like that any owner of macbook running mint in this forum help to gather in this topic all useful info for smoothing run a Linux Mint distro (and more precisely the one mentioned in the title) on a macbook (in my case the pro 1,1 model, thus a 32bit distro)

Actually I'm facing 3 issues:

the suspend/hybernate not working
the automatic keyboard brightness adjust
keyboard mapping and layout

Thank you
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 30 days after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
mi2501

Re: Sylvia-Cinnamon distro and MacBook Pro

Post by mi2501 »

First issue detected after a proper distro installation startup and configuration run has been this one,

builtin camera not detected

I solved it by downloading AppleUSBVideoSupport (from anywhere in the web or the osx dvd distro or other mac) and installed with these commands

e.g. if downloaded in the desktop:

sudo ift-extract –a ‘/home/<User>/Desktop/AppleUSBVideoSupport’
modprobe uvcvideo
mi2501

Re: Sylvia-Cinnamon distro and MacBook Pro

Post by mi2501 »

Is there anybody out there actually using a macbook pro with this linux whom can say it is working correctly? That the keyboard configuration is matching the underlying hd? if Yes can he write down here the 4 configurations [model layout variant option] used? I am interested in the [english international keyboard] description settings, Thank you

Return to “Open Chat”