I wonder about the flawed hardware

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
Pepi
Level 6
Level 6

I wonder about the flawed hardware

Post by Pepi »

All the major hacking over the last few years. Anthem, Yahoo, Equifax ... So many years with the hardware flaw(s) :roll:
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 30 days after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Re: I wonder about the flawed hardware

Post by Moem »

What is it that you are wondering?

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!
Pepi
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Pepi »

That a small amount of hackers knew about the security holes and they used them. Heck, now they all are probably working 24x7
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Moem »

Pepi wrote:That a small amount of hackers knew about the security holes and they used them.
And that surprises you? It's what crackers do: find weak points and exploit them.

Sorry, I may be taking your posting too literally. For me, 'to wonder' means 'to ask oneself a question', but maybe that's not what you mean.

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!
michael louwe

Post by michael louwe »

@ Pepi, .......
Pepi wrote:...
For all we know, for the past 20 over years, the hackers and NSA could have been spying on certain computer users for their private data with the Meltdown & Spectre bugs/backdoors, eg high-value targets like billionaires, CEOs, politicians, celebrities, etc.
Pepi
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Pepi »

michael louwe wrote:@ Pepi, .......
Pepi wrote:...
For all we know, for the past 20 over years, the hackers and NSA could have been spying on certain computer users for their private data with the Meltdown & Spectre bugs/backdoors, eg high-value targets like billionaires, CEOs, politicians, celebrities, etc.
That's my point ... I wonder if these holes were used for some of the current major attacks.

Return to “Open Chat”