This forum is FRIENDLY....

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
Arch_Enemy
Level 6
Level 6

Re: This forum is FRIENDLY....

Post by Arch_Enemy »

PS: This forum is the only one I ever joined (except for Arch for a short time before I got sick of having "clueless twit" handed to me a couple times), and Mint is the only one I have ever made a donation to.
These folks are nice.
I have travelled 37629424162.9 miles in my lifetime

One thing I would suggest, create a partition as a 50G partition as /. Partition the rest as /Home. IF the system fails, reinstall and use the exact same username and all your 'stuff' comes back to you.
daveinuk
Level 7
Level 7

Post by daveinuk »

I'd count this as THE single best forum I've ever signed up to ..............................
Pat D

Post by Pat D »

I have finally and successfully got Virtualbox set up and it's crackin' !!

These are the toys I'm playing with so far; going to look for "Hackintosh" soon.

:D :D

And it was only with the nice, polite, well-mannered, "Mrs. June Cleaver loves you all" help that I got here. (That's The Beaver's Mom for you young-uns)
JerryF
Level 16
Level 16

Post by JerryF »

Pat D wrote:I have finally and successfully got Virtualbox set up and it's crackin' !!

These are the toys I'm playing with so far; going to look for "Hackintosh" soon.

:D :D

And it was only with the nice, polite, well-mannered, "Mrs. June Cleaver loves you all" help that I got here. (That's The Beaver's Mom for you young-uns)
Wow! That's a lot of virtual machines. Good for you!!

Glad that you did have a good experience with the help here. If it were somewhere else, you'd might get a "I dunno Beav." :lol:
whm1974
Level 4
Level 4

Post by whm1974 »

Of all the Distro forums I've been to, this Mint and Manjaro's are the most user and newbie friendly forums that I have the pleasure of being a member of.
BaltyRaven

Post by BaltyRaven »

daveinuk wrote:I'd count this as THE single best forum I've ever signed up to ..............................
For me, it's one of the very best forums that I've signed up to in years.
UOOP

Post by UOOP »

I just registered to this forum. I switched to Linux mint 18.3 from Windows 10 and haven't looked back! Really loving the versatility with Linux. I have found answers to all of my issues/questions from this site and this forum is one of the only ones that still remains active (daily/hourly/etc), which is why I registered.
Termy
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Termy »

UOOP wrote:I just registered to this forum. I switched to Linux mint 18.3 from Windows 10 and haven't looked back! Really loving the versatility with Linux. I have found answers to all of my issues/questions from this site and this forum is one of the only ones that still remains active (daily/hourly/etc), which is why I registered.
Welcome to the forums and the Linux community, UOOP. :)
I'm also Terminalforlife on GitHub.
sammiev

Post by sammiev »

Welcome to the forums UOOP. 8)
BG405
Level 9
Level 9

Post by BG405 »

Arch_Enemy wrote:except for Arch for a short time before I got sick of having "clueless twit" handed to me a couple times
I can feel a wind-up coming on. How about we organize a mass join-up there and all start posting newbie questions, like, really stupid ones. :mrgreen: That will keep them busy for a while :lol:
Dell Inspiron 1525 - LM17.3 CE 64-------------------Lenovo T440 - Manjaro KDE with Mint VMs
Toshiba NB250 - Manjaro KDE------------------------Acer Aspire One D255E - LM21.3 Xfce
Acer Aspire E11 ES1-111M - LM18.2 KDE 64 ----Two ROMS don't make a WRITE
UOOP

Post by UOOP »

Termy wrote:
UOOP wrote:I just registered to this forum. I switched to Linux mint 18.3 from Windows 10 and haven't looked back! Really loving the versatility with Linux. I have found answers to all of my issues/questions from this site and this forum is one of the only ones that still remains active (daily/hourly/etc), which is why I registered.
Welcome to the forums and the Linux community, UOOP. :)
Glad to be apart of it :)
Arch_Enemy
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Arch_Enemy »

BG405 wrote:
Arch_Enemy wrote:except for Arch for a short time before I got sick of having "clueless twit" handed to me a couple times
I can feel a wind-up coming on. How about we organize a mass join-up there and all start posting newbie questions, like, really stupid ones. :mrgreen: That will keep them busy for a while :lol:
I like the way this person thinks...:D
I have travelled 37629424162.9 miles in my lifetime

One thing I would suggest, create a partition as a 50G partition as /. Partition the rest as /Home. IF the system fails, reinstall and use the exact same username and all your 'stuff' comes back to you.
Rayland-BH

Post by Rayland-BH »

I love this forum as well. I read it all the time, though I almost never post, as I have virtually nothing to contribute technically (I am pretty tech savvy for an artist, but not so much for a tech). That said, it has helped me immensely, and is a big reason I tried and stick with Mint. I look forward to many more years of Linux Mint and this lovely forum. Thank you all.
neru

Post by neru »

Read the forum and should really post more, but as others have mentioned - always find answers to questions.
Still need to create a 6kb avatar. :idea:

[duh. spelling correction]
Portreve
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Portreve »

Rayland-BH wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:20 pm(I am pretty tech savvy for an artist, but not so much for a tech).
There are definitely others out there who might, for example, benefit from your experience and insight to graphic design using GNU+Linux and libre apps.
Flying this flag in support of freedom 🇺🇦

Recommended keyboard layout: English (intl., with AltGR dead keys)

Podcasts: Linux Unplugged, Destination Linux

Also check out Thor Hartmannsson's Linux Tips YouTube Channel
Rayland-BH

Post by Rayland-BH »

Thanks for the encouragement. As I get better acquainted with the tools available in the Linux multiverse, I will gladly share what knowledge I can. Sadly, the vast majority of my experience is with software only available on MacOS and Windows. I am, however, actively working to remedy this.

Return to “Open Chat”