Windows 10---ARGH!

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
AZgl1800
Level 20
Level 20
Location: Oklahoma where the wind comes Sweeping down the Plains

Re: Windows 10---ARGH!

Post by AZgl1800 »

trytip wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:35 pm windows 7 still works for me
I have Win7 on big Desktop PC, I blocked all Security Updates on it 2 years ago....
never had a problem with it..... runs just fine... Avast takes care of the vermin,
MalwareBytes scans once in a while but never finds anything.

I never surf an unknown website with that one. it is for my personal use....

but, I am learning to really like this Mint 18.3 Cinnamon....
LM21.3 Cinnamon ASUS FX705GM | Donate to Mint https://www.patreon.com/linux_mint
Termy
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Windows 10---ARGH!

Post by Termy »

AZgl1500 wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:01 am
trytip wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:35 pm windows 7 still works for me
I have Win7 on big Desktop PC, I blocked all Security Updates on it 2 years ago....
never had a problem with it..... runs just fine... Avast takes care of the vermin,
MalwareBytes scans once in a while but never finds anything.

I never surf an unknown website with that one. it is for my personal use....

but, I am learning to really like this Mint 18.3 Cinnamon....
:lol: This is a classic comment from a Windows user. I don't mean to be mean here, honsetly, it's just true enough. Thing is, you're putting far too much faith in anti-virus software, which, more than anything, catches the virus once it's already discovered. What use is catching the criminal after he's killed someone, if you can catch him before and have checks in-case he slips by and does away with someone anyway? Put some real thought into this.

You must realise by now the amount of security vulnerabilities which are discovered and patched on a surely-daily basis in Linux, so now imagine this in Windows; it's a very dangerous game you're playing, especially with a now very old and already-vulnerable (compared to things like Linux) OS with which hackers have had plenty of time to crack wide open. Lastly, and this is really, really important, because so many miss this, despite it actually not being all that elusive: not all viruses, rootkits, spyware, or whatever else, will just go "HEY, I HAS INFECTED YOUR PEA CEA. MWAHAHAHA!"

Just because you can't see the aforementioned criminal committing said crime, doesn't mean he's not out playing stabby-stabby.

You feel me?
I'm also Terminalforlife on GitHub.

Return to “Open Chat”