Girls with Guitars

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
Pat D

Girls with Guitars

Post by Pat D »

Anybody else found this outrageously good music?
"Blues Caravan"
Dani Wilde, Samantha Fish, Cassie Taylor, Victoria Smith, Eliana Cargnelutti, Sadie Johnson, Heather Crosse, Deborah Coleman, Candye Kane:
that's 9 women - who are as good as any guy, and some of these girls are better than any guy.
My new favourite artist is Samantha Fish - my oh my that woman plays blues. And what a distinctive voice !
Where have they been hiding? This is amazing stuff.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 30 days after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
jimallyn
Level 19
Level 19

Re: Girls with Guitars

Post by jimallyn »

Somebody told me about Samantha maybe a year or so ago. Good stuff!
“If the government were coming for your TVs and cars, then you'd be upset. But, as it is, they're only coming for your sons.” - Daniel Berrigan
Jim Hauser

Post by Jim Hauser »

Pat D wrote:Anybody else found this outrageously good music?
"Blues Caravan"
Dani Wilde, Samantha Fish, Cassie Taylor, Victoria Smith, Eliana Cargnelutti, Sadie Johnson, Heather Crosse, Deborah Coleman, Candye Kane:
that's 9 women - who are as good as any guy, and some of these girls are better than any guy.
My new favourite artist is Samantha Fish - my oh my that woman plays blues. And what a distinctive voice !
Good music is not gender specific...
Pat D

Post by Pat D »

Exactly!!
Why are these excellent musicians so unknown?
Is it more "Harvey Weinstein-itis?" Of course it is.

But anyway, isn't that voice awesome/
majpooper
Level 8
Level 8

Post by majpooper »

Jim Hauser wrote: Good music is not gender specific...
I agree in general - and we all like what we like - for me female singers are absolutely the best - there is not a male singer alive or dead that has a sweeter voice than Nora Jones or Diana Krall. And of course the classic Joni Mitchell
Davidlandonvoice

Post by Davidlandonvoice »

Yeah, I totally agree with you. It is most important for any artist to be a good person in social life also. We all listen to her and we know all these are good artists.
I also like Samantha Fish and Eliana Cargnelutti
tenfoot
Level 6
Level 6

Post by tenfoot »

Have any of you caught up with The Warning? It's a Mexican Rock band/ Three teenage sisters Daniela (guitar, lead vocals), Paulina (drums, vocals, piano), and Alejandra Villarreal (bass guitar, piano, backing vocals)

https://www.startpage.com/do/dsearch?qu ... sion=1.3.0
Last edited by tenfoot on Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
tenfoot
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds darkness always got there first, and is waiting for it." Terry Pratchett (Reaper Man)
Portreve
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Portreve »

Pat D wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:20 am Anybody else found this outrageously good music?
"Blues Caravan"
I looked her up and I realized I've seen her before: she was on a cruise with Joe Bonamassa, Paul Shaffer, and others, and she's definitely good. The others on this list I'm going to have to go and look up.
Flying this flag in support of freedom 🇺🇦

Recommended keyboard layout: English (intl., with AltGR dead keys)

Podcasts: Linux Unplugged, Destination Linux

Also check out Thor Hartmannsson's Linux Tips YouTube Channel

Return to “Open Chat”