What Web Advert do you get spammed with the most?

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
Lucap
Level 6
Level 6

What Web Advert do you get spammed with the most?

Post by Lucap »

Fisher Investments ( Give us all your money spam )

Seems to be a common stalking advert to us Brits.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 30 days after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Sir Charles

Re: What Web Advert do you get spammed with the most?

Post by Sir Charles »

I use uBlock origin and I have toggled almost all the filters on its option page. I don't recall when it was the last time I saw an ad on the Web.
Lucap
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Lucap »

I was running uBlock origin for ages but got tired of the "please turn off your Add blocker message " , i also got the same with DNS host blocking.
Sir Charles

Post by Sir Charles »

Yes it's tiring a bit when it happens, but I rather have the blocker running and disable it as per site when I have to, than be without it. That would be just unbearable.
Lucap
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Lucap »

It's pretty amazing when you visit a page and uBlock origin reports that it has blocked over a 100 links. :)
Sir Charles

Post by Sir Charles »

By the way, did you ever toggle "Adblock Warning Removal List" in uBlock's 3rd-party
filters. If I am not mistaken, that one makes some of those "Disable ..." messages to disappear. I haven't seen many of them lately.
Lucap
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Lucap »

It's been awhile since i used it but unless it has changed you had to also install another 3rd party software to run the script that hides that you are using ad-block and i didn't fancy installing it as i had never heard of it.

Return to “Open Chat”