How can I use Google Maps in a dark/night mode

Chat about just about anything else
pepperminty
Level 5
Level 5

How can I use Google Maps in a dark/night mode

Post by pepperminty » Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:00 am

Hi all.

So my Linux Mint OS on a dark theme. My Firefox browser's "chrome" is also using a dark theme. I have an extension called Dark Background and Light Text that turns virtually every page into a night-mode page. But still, Google Maps bright and white.

I want my Google Maps to look something like the Google Map on https://developers.google.com/maps/docu ... t-yourself
or like on https://snazzymaps.com/style/127404/sim ... nger-thing.

So what must I do to see a dark-themed Google Map when I point my browser to maps.google.com? Or is there a website that has a dark-mode Google Maps?
Thanks.

DAMIEN1307
Level 5
Level 5

Re: How can I use Google Maps in a dark/night mode

Post by DAMIEN1307 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:42 pm

hi pepperminty...i use "night mode pro" on mine and it does work also on google maps...ive got it set on the regular day time mode and decrease it to 75%...works great...dont forget to also "open options page" to set other settings...mine are set to...(the only boxes i have ticked to operate) are 1, 2, and 3...and then 5, 6, and 7...if only those are ticked, it wont bother your regular usage...DAMIEN

pepperminty
Level 5
Level 5

Post by pepperminty » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:24 pm

How can I make night mode pro work only with Google Maps, and leave the rest of the Web alone?

DAMIEN1307
Level 5
Level 5

Post by DAMIEN1307 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:56 am

i have never heard of a way to "pick and choose" darkness settings to do it on just one web site only...maybe someone else can answer that for you...as far as i know, with any dark/night mode. its all or nothing...DAMIEN

Return to “Open chat”