How can I use Google Maps in a dark/night mode

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
pepperminty
Level 6
Level 6

How can I use Google Maps in a dark/night mode

Post by pepperminty »

Hi all.

So my Linux Mint OS on a dark theme. My Firefox browser's "chrome" is also using a dark theme. I have an extension called Dark Background and Light Text that turns virtually every page into a night-mode page. But still, Google Maps bright and white.

I want my Google Maps to look something like the Google Map on https://developers.google.com/maps/docu ... t-yourself
or like on https://snazzymaps.com/style/127404/sim ... nger-thing.

So what must I do to see a dark-themed Google Map when I point my browser to maps.google.com? Or is there a website that has a dark-mode Google Maps?
Thanks.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 30 days after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
DAMIEN1307

Re: How can I use Google Maps in a dark/night mode

Post by DAMIEN1307 »

hi pepperminty...i use "night mode pro" on mine and it does work also on google maps...ive got it set on the regular day time mode and decrease it to 75%...works great...dont forget to also "open options page" to set other settings...mine are set to...(the only boxes i have ticked to operate) are 1, 2, and 3...and then 5, 6, and 7...if only those are ticked, it wont bother your regular usage...DAMIEN
pepperminty
Level 6
Level 6

Post by pepperminty »

How can I make night mode pro work only with Google Maps, and leave the rest of the Web alone?
DAMIEN1307

Post by DAMIEN1307 »

i have never heard of a way to "pick and choose" darkness settings to do it on just one web site only...maybe someone else can answer that for you...as far as i know, with any dark/night mode. its all or nothing...DAMIEN

Return to “Open Chat”