VLC...yep...totally stupid i am

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
DAMIEN1307

VLC...yep...totally stupid i am

Post by DAMIEN1307 »

ok guys...here is where i show my age and total stupidity...yep...i can write code...yep i can do most anything linux...here is where im stupid and do not have a clue as to what to do...
i use nothing but VLC player for my music/music videos...but i do not know how to do something very basic with it that your going to laugh at me about...here is my question...when i plug in my USB or my CD to hear music etc...i am totally clueless as to how to tell VLC player to go to the next song and or video song in progression so i can just make it play next to the next etc...it just shuts down after each song/video when its done...i have to manually go to the next one...i figure that it can be done but ive got to tell you...i cant even figure out how to use a "smart phone" and do not know how to send text...yet i know how to code computers...can someone here tell stupid...(yep...thats me) how to program VLC player that when i plug in either my USB, or CD to just go to the next song or song/video...yep...im really this clueless and have tried to do this on my own with zero results...DAMIEN
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 30 days after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
all41
Level 19
Level 19

Re: VLC...yep...totally stupid i am

Post by all41 »

VLC/Tools/Preferences Reset Preferences button should do the trick
Everything in life was difficult before it became easy.
wilbobob
Level 3
Level 3

Re: VLC...yep...totally stupid i am

Post by wilbobob »

Good to know there are two of us.
If you open an album and select all the tracks by click on the first, shift click on the last, a temporary playlist is created and tracks will play in order or randomly depending on your preferences.
It's possible to store the playlist with a name, and store multiple playlists with content to suit your mood in each. I've done it once, but the magic faded and I've not got back there. (It seems to be hard to do when playing content from a NAS. This will be a subject for a separate thread sometime. Don't want this one highjacked)
Hope that helps
Bob
Go Steady, but keep going

Return to “Open Chat”