Folder not syncing in Dropbox between W10 and Mint

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
wallyUSA
Level 6
Level 6

Folder not syncing in Dropbox between W10 and Mint

Post by wallyUSA »

@rickNS:
Glad to see DB installed from Software Manager on my Cinnamon (vbox Guest). :)

However, the folder I created does not show up on the Win10 (vbox Host) Dropbox. Do I need to do something to sync the folder between the two? :?:
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 30 days after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
> If your query has been resolved, edit your original post and add <SOLVED> to the beginning of the subject line. This may help others find solutions. <

Dell Latitude 7490 Mint 21.3 Ker 5.15.0-105 Cinn 6.0.4
wallyUSA
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Install Dropbox

Post by wallyUSA »

kc1di wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:10 am Dropbox can be installed via synaptic - did you refresh the data base before searching for it.
if your running cinnamon you should install nemo-dropbox , good luck.
@kc1di:
Installed nemo-dropbox via synaptic. Mint to Mint computers works but nothing on Mint to Win10. I created folders in DB on Mint and on Win10 but either show up on the other system. Looks like win10 is the 'weak link' here. Do not mean to drag you into a windows issue just thought you might have an obvious suggestion.

BTW, not sure what you mean by 'refresh the data base'. in the interim, I have re-booted both systems to no avail.
Thanks
> If your query has been resolved, edit your original post and add <SOLVED> to the beginning of the subject line. This may help others find solutions. <

Dell Latitude 7490 Mint 21.3 Ker 5.15.0-105 Cinn 6.0.4
kc1di
Level 18
Level 18

Re: Install Dropbox

Post by kc1di »

wallyUSA wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:30 pm
kc1di wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:10 am Dropbox can be installed via synaptic - did you refresh the data base before searching for it.
if your running cinnamon you should install nemo-dropbox , good luck.
BTW, not sure what you mean by 'refresh the data base'. in the interim, I have re-booted both systems to no avail.
Thanks
I meant to refresh synaptic it does the same thing as doing a

Code: Select all

sudo apt update
in the terminal. It makes sure your package listings are up to date.

As you the issue of using Dropbox between Windows 10 and your Linux box. I believe it should work and it worked for me very well a number of year ago with win 7.
you must be signed into the same Dropbox account on both machines. That is if you sign in to dropbox ont the linux machine as xxxx you will need to sign in to the same xxxx account on the windows machine -- then all the files should be available to both machines. good luck.
Easy tips : https://easylinuxtipsproject.blogspot.com/ Pjotr's Great Linux projects page.
Linux Mint Installation Guide: http://linuxmint-installation-guide.rea ... en/latest/
Registered Linux User #462608

Return to “Open Chat”