Am I seeing something wrong?

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
absque fenestris
Level 12
Level 12

Post by absque fenestris »

I'm very surprised: this forum, Software & Applications, of Linux Mint forums should be dedicated to software for Linux Mint? No? No, no?
So - no hardware stuff, no driver stuff, no Windows stuff - applications for Linux - and especially to Linux Mint?
Last edited by karlchen on Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved to "Open Chat", because the question what is on-topic in "Software & Applications" and what is off-topic, is off-topic in the sub-forum "Software & Applications". "
karlchen
Level 23
Level 23

Re: Am I seeing something wrong?

Post by karlchen »

Basically, your understanding is right of what "Software & Applications" is meant for.
Yet, it has never been the practice to interpret the term "Software & Applications" in a restrictive way.

Whenever moderators notice threads have been grossly misplaced they will move them to a more appropriate forum.
In case we miss such threads, users may "report" such threads by clicking on the [!] icon and explaining that a thread has been placed in the wrong forum. A moderator will then move the thread if it has been really misplaced.

Beware that there will always be threads which cannot be categorized clearly.
We should not and will not waste our time on lengthy discussion what the most suitable forum for "unclear" threads might be.
The people of Alderaan have been bravely fighting back the clone warriors sent out by the unscrupulous Sith Lord Palpatine for 771 days now.
Lifeline
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Moem »

If you are complaining about the moderation, or about the way people use the forums, your post is off topic in this section. :P

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!
absque fenestris
Level 12
Level 12

I would like to discuss applications - questions, problems, whatever. My - or others hardware is completely irrelevant in this case.

BTW - wie fühlt man sich mit sechzig? Ich - furchtbar... ich zerfalle :mrgreen:
absque fenestris
Level 12
Level 12

Please! This is not an attack.
I have a question about a Linux program. Quite simply. I want - and I be interested - the opinion of other users.
I want to discuss the application and not my hardware.
majpooper
Level 8
Level 8

Post by majpooper »

absque fenestris wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:42 pm Please! This is not an attack.
I have a question about a Linux program. Quite simply. I want - and I be interested - the opinion of other users.
I want to discuss the application and not my hardware.
So what is the problem?
Go to the section of the forum for Software and Applications and pose your question, opinion or comments regarding the particular linux programs that interest you and never even mention hardware. You can even do it in Deutsch if you wish.
absque fenestris
Level 12
Level 12

OK! I give up. People feel piqued - I apologize, that was certainly not my intention.

But where, if not under Software & Applications, should one discuss about software & applications?
DAMIEN1307

Post by DAMIEN1307 »

OK...what "Software and Applications", are we talking about here...majpooper also asked...what is the issue you ask of..."I have a question about a Linux program. Quite simply. I want - and I be interested - the opinion of other users.
I want to discuss the application and not my hardware."

if you tell us...then maybe we can help you...DAMIEN
Last edited by DAMIEN1307 on Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
absque fenestris
Level 12
Level 12

DAMIEN1307 wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:11 pm OK...what "Software and Applications", are we talking about here...majpooper also asked...what is the issue you ask of..."I have a question about a Linux program. Quite simply. I want - and I be interested - the opinion of other users.
I want to discuss the application and not my hardware."

if you tell us...then maybe we can help you...DAMIEN
Hello DAMIEN. It is bookworm / flatpak. Because - I'm a bookworm...
karlchen
Level 23
Level 23

Post by karlchen »

DAMIEN1307 wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:11 pmOK...what "Software and Applications", are we talking about here
Answer: this Linux Mint Subforum: Main Edition => Software & Applications

The thread about "Flatpak : Bookworm" had been started 27-Feb-2018 already.

Conclusion: This whole thread here is completely pointless. Waste of time. Closing it.
The people of Alderaan have been bravely fighting back the clone warriors sent out by the unscrupulous Sith Lord Palpatine for 771 days now.
Lifeline

Return to “Open Chat”