Banned from a forum. No the whole thread was deleted!

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
Sir Charles

Re: Banned from a forum. No, the whole thread was deleted!

Post by Sir Charles »

Moem wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:24 pm Gentlefolks, just in case: we're NOT going to continue the discussion from that thread in here.
Will change the title to better reflect what had happened. But I still don't understand that why the whole thread should get deleted. And I didn't know that mods had veto right and just one of them could make a decision like that. I don't think there were any posts in that thread which broke any forum rules. I think the mod in question could have given a motivation for that decision and maybe just locked it up.
Sir Charles

Re: Banned from posting in or even reading a forum

Post by Sir Charles »

Schultz wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:15 pm The scientific community is not infallible.
No, most probably not. But it is corrigible. Without the scientific method, we would be left with beliefs, guess-works and superstitions. And guess what, we have the scientific method of producing knowledge to thank for that we are past that stage.
MintBean

Post by MintBean »

Moem wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:24 pm Gentlefolks, just in case: we're NOT going to continue the discussion from that thread in here.
The post above is clearly ignoring this and continuing themes from the previous thread. Has nothing to do with the query in the OP.
sdibaja
Level 5
Level 5

Post by sdibaja »

Marziano wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:38 pm
Schultz wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:15 pm The scientific community is not infallible.
No, most probably not. But it is corrigible. Without the scientific method, we would be left with beliefs, guess-works and superstitions. And guess what, we have the scientific method of producing knowledge to thank for that we are past that stage.
Very true, but little true science is in the popular press
Peter
Mate desktop https://wiki.debian.org/MATE
Debian GNU/Linux operating system: https://www.debian.org/download
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Re: Banned from a forum. No the whole thread was deleted!

Post by Moem »

That is true, and the question has been asked and answered, so: time to close this up.

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!

Return to “Open Chat”