How to link my avatar to Linux Mint Forums from external source? 2018 edition

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
Spice

How to link my avatar to Linux Mint Forums from external source? 2018 edition

Post by Spice »

I was discouraged to resurrect a previous thread more than 6 months old; but basically I have the same question which has been asked here before a few times. The current layout of the forum interface does not seem to provide me with a solution. See: ucp.php?i=ucp_profile&mode=avatar

I understand I have to link an external source for my avatar link. But on the above link, I see no place to insert the external URL with my avatar link. Am I missing something?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 30 days after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Schultz
Level 9
Level 9

Re: How to link my avatar to Linux Mint Forums from external source? 2018 edition

Post by Schultz »

Untitled.jpg
Spice

Re: How to link my avatar to Linux Mint Forums from external source? 2018 edition

Post by Spice »

Ah! Avatar type: Remote avatar

Somehow I've missed this. Thank you button? Is it not present here?
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Moem »

Spice wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:05 pm Thank you button? Is it not present here?
It's a verbal button; you operate it by posting 'Thank you!' :wink:

It's also customary to mark the topic as solved by editing the first post and adding [SOLVED] to the title.

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!
Spice

Post by Spice »

Moem wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:00 am It's also customary to mark the topic as solved by editing the first post and adding [SOLVED] to the title.
Okay. I've checked this... viewtopic.php?t=239162

And again, unless it's a verbal [SOLVED}, then I didn't find the [SOLVED] button to add, which is actually, customary on most modern forums other than phpBB.

Adding a verbal [SOLVED] doesn't work actually on topics where I made sure to use all the characters available for the original title. Like here: viewtopic.php?p=1453801

For the true solution, check here: viewtopic.php?f=58&t=231767
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Moem »

Spice wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:52 am Adding a verbal [SOLVED] doesn't work actually on topics where I made sure to use all the characters available for the original title. Like here: viewtopic.php?p=1453801
Then maybe don't be as wordy?

You could suggest your personal idea of a 'true solution' to the admins, sure. I'm not sure they'd be willing to do the work to move to a whole new platform just because you like it better. So if you can give compelling arguments, that might help.

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!

Return to “Open Chat”