this forum - strikethrough text?

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
SprinterDriver
Level 4
Level 4

this forum - strikethrough text?

Post by SprinterDriver »

Hi forum.

I couldn't find a sub forum for discussion about the forum itself, so I put one here.

So I would love to have ability to strike through text on this forum. There is times that I need to change something I wrote, but I think if I just let it there and strike it out, it should tell the reader what I had in mind, but later found not worthy to post. A brief example I want to make it clear that I was moving a file not copy it, so I might strike through the word "move", because else I find it necessary to do some explaining instead and just fill up with boring test.

That is just me thinking, after all English is not my native language so figured out smart using of strikeout could in some cases help me get the point, as opposed to put in some explanation in which I have observed several times in various web forum just cause the next reader to misunderstand the point I tried to make.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 30 days after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
So I got this bright idea. But when I tried to grab the light bulb, I did not hurt my hands as expected from a warm bulb, because it turned out to be one of those LED bulbs.
jimallyn
Level 19
Level 19

Re: this forum - strikethrough text?

Post by jimallyn »

Sounds like a good idea. I would guess that function is probably available in the forums software, but it's just not enabled in the Mint forums.
“If the government were coming for your TVs and cars, then you'd be upset. But, as it is, they're only coming for your sons.” - Daniel Berrigan
jimallyn
Level 19
Level 19

Post by jimallyn »

{TEXT}

Aha, you can do it. You have to use this format: [s]some text[/s]

The place I found this had the TEXT inside curly braces {} but that is not necessary.
“If the government were coming for your TVs and cars, then you'd be upset. But, as it is, they're only coming for your sons.” - Daniel Berrigan
SprinterDriver
Level 4
Level 4

Post by SprinterDriver »

Nice - thanks man :D
So I got this bright idea. But when I tried to grab the light bulb, I did not hurt my hands as expected from a warm bulb, because it turned out to be one of those LED bulbs.

Return to “Open Chat”