Bluetooth hearing aids

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
lexon

Bluetooth hearing aids

Post by lexon »

Bluetooth hearing aid. Left one. Right one is just the opposite. The microphone is tucked up in the ear and out of sight. Had them about two years. Work great with iPhone when working out or out riding my bicycle for phone calls.
Edit.
Forgot to mention the brand, ReSoundCN. A US Navy Vet so not expensive.
I have an App to control them.

L
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 30 days after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
lsemmens
Level 11
Level 11

Re: Bluetooth hearing aids

Post by lsemmens »

I've not long got new aids, Mine work on some form of bluetooth in that I have a small remote mike that I can place next to the TV or the like that connects via BT, I have yet to work out if I can connect direct to my phone with them, I think not, sadly.
Fully mint Household
Out of my mind - please leave a message
lexon

Post by lexon »

My stepson has a device to use with his hearing aids for the TV. I will ask him what it is called. It is from his hearing aid company.
He also has a free telephone with big display for people who have hearing issues that show what people are saying. It is called Caption Call. Recommended by his hearing aid company and a tech came to the house and set is up for free. No charge for anything. I was here for the setup.

L
lexon

Post by lexon »

My stepson uses a device called the Steamer. Just Google streamer hearing aids.

L
garry9
Level 1
Level 1

Post by garry9 »

I have ReSound Bluetooth hearing aids. They connect directly to my mobile, which means that I have a decent chance of hearing phone calls - if I don't have the bluetooth on, for any reason, then I find it impossible. I haven't tried streaming from the TV or any other source, but in theory I think I should be able to do that. It's also not occurred to me to try using the phone microphone in that way - but I do have a ReSound multi mic (provided by Access To Work) which does the same thing, and makes a massive difference in settings like that. Has anyone heard about these clinic? https://audiologyisland.com/
Last edited by garry9 on Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
lexon

Post by lexon »

The devices are called, RE Sound Smart Hearing Aids. No doubt pricey. Still not as good as natural hearing but that is life.
I am a US veteran so it cost me fifty dollars including the hearing test.

L
slipstick
Level 6
Level 6

Post by slipstick »

I just got some new hearing aids - GN ReSound LiNX 3D 962 Receiver in the Ear type. Much better than my 7 year old Audigy AGXS (made by Starkey) aids. Controlled with an app on my Android phone so I can select different programs (All Around, Restaurant, Outdoors) with selections for noise and wind filters, speech clarity emphasis, and directional focus. I have an add-on device called a Phone Clip+ which streams calls from directly from my phone to my hearing aids into both ears - now I can be confident of being able to understand people on my phone. That Phone Clip is the greatest invention since sliced bread!

For anyone needing hearing aids, I recommend this book:
"The Little Book of Hearing Aids 2018" by Geoffrey Cooling
https://www.amazon.com/Little-Book-Hear ... op?ie=UTF8

also, a couple of useful web sites:
https://www.hearingtracker.com/
https://www.hearingaidknow.com/
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they ain't.
lexon

Post by lexon »

Yes, I agree. They are great. Love the App.
I have to remember my Bluetooth adapter in the car captures my iPhone GPS when traveling if the radio is off. It is one or the other.

L

Return to “Open Chat”