[SOLVED] Windows 7 evaluation period issue

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
Mazda81
Level 3
Level 3

[SOLVED] Windows 7 evaluation period issue

Post by Mazda81 »

I installed Windows 7 as guest in Virtualbox following the instructions on the Easy Linux Tips website. After the initial 90 day evaluation period expired I performed a rearm as detailed on the Windows 7 wallpaper. After a few days a message popped up stating that the license had expired so I performed another rearm and discovered that I'm only getting 10 days grace period instead of the expected 90 days.
I created a snapshot shortly after the initial installation and reverted back to that snapshot in the hope of getting back to 90 days but it still shows only 10 days.

I am using the latest version of Virtualbox [5.2.8]. Host is Linux Mint 18.3 Cinnamon.

Any ideas anyone?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 30 days after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Windows 7 evaluation period issue

Post by xenopeek »

Moved this here as this is a Windows 7 licensing issue and unrelated to either Linux Mint or VirtualBox (Google the issue to see others having the same when they approach the 180 day / 3 times rearm limit). Perhaps use a Windows 7 support forum to get better help with this, or reach out to Microsoft licensing support.
Mazda81
Level 3
Level 3

Re: [SOLVED] Windows 7 evaluation period issue

Post by Mazda81 »

Thanks xenopeek for pointing me in the right direction. It turns out that 10 days is the grace period you have before activating the license. Once activated the license reverts to 90 days.

Return to “Open Chat”