Whats everyone currently listening to?

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
Pepi
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Whats everyone currently listening to?

Post by Pepi »

Just mowed the yard and set my iPOD on some old Triumph
KBD47
Level 7
Level 7

Post by KBD47 »

Pepi wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:55 pm Just mowed the yard and set my iPOD on some old Triumph
Triumph is one of my favorite bands, along with Rush and Yes. They have a similar sound.
catweazel
Level 19
Level 19

Post by catweazel »

Portreve wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:50 pm
catweazel wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:13 pm The never ending ring of tinnitus.
There's OTC stuff you can take to help with that. Even Wally World has some in their HBA section.
Oh, no. It keeps me company. I'm as deaf as a post so it's the only thing I hear :)
"There is, ultimately, only one truth -- cogito, ergo sum -- everything else is an assumption." - Me, my swansong.
Pepi
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Pepi »

KBD47 wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:40 pm
Pepi wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:55 pm Just mowed the yard and set my iPOD on some old Triumph
Triumph is one of my favorite bands, along with Rush and Yes. They have a similar sound.
You and I would get alone just fine. I've hung out with Steve Howe years ago. Super nice but strange guy. He was one of my biggest influences to learn guitar. BTW ... Rush is right after Triumph on my iPOD :mrgreen:
idle

Post by idle »

Currently my playlist consists of:

Jack Green - Humanesque
Badfinger - Best of
Brownout - Brown Sabbath

3 great albums for the vehicle.
KBD47
Level 7
Level 7

Post by KBD47 »

Pepi wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:38 am You and I would get alone just fine. I've hung out with Steve Howe years ago. Super nice but strange guy. He was one of my biggest influences to learn guitar. BTW ... Rush is right after Triumph on my iPOD :mrgreen:
That would be awesome to meet him :)
Rush is my favorite band. I've been listening to them since about 1978 when I heard their Fly By Night album. Their song "Working Man" was a staple on our local Rock station. I saw them around 1980-1 when they were doing their Moving Pictures tour. That is when they got very popular. Saw them again a few years ago during their Clockwork Angels tour. Probably my last chance to see them as they are done touring.
Right now listening to: Bad Company - by Bad Company
lexon

Post by lexon »

Listening to the Music Choice Channel on Spectrum TV. Classic Rock. Old Timer. 77 years young. Still dance and date.
Ride my bicycle about 65 km a week.

L
Arch_Enemy
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Arch_Enemy »

Bolle1961 wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:39 pm The noise from my downstairs neighbour electronic drum kit. She thinks she can make music but it's just kaboom kaboom kaboom
LOL! You have my sympathy.

To make matters worse, low frequency...er..NOISES travel through the ceilings a lot better than higher frequencies.

Best thing to do is to just groove with them...

My drummer's wife used to complain about how "bassy" my bass was, until (after 12 years!) she finally realized bass comes through the floor better than other instruments. :lol:
I have travelled 37629424162.9 miles in my lifetime

One thing I would suggest, create a partition as a 50G partition as /. Partition the rest as /Home. IF the system fails, reinstall and use the exact same username and all your 'stuff' comes back to you.
coffee412
Level 8
Level 8

Post by coffee412 »

Paul McCartney and Wings - Back to the Egg.
Ryzen x1800 Asus Prime x370-Pro 32 gigs Ram RX480 graphics
Dell PE T610, Dell PE T710
- List your hardware Profile: inxi -Fxpmrz
MeshCentral * Virtualbox * Debian * InvoiceNinja * NextCloud * Linux since kernel 2.0.36
kenetics
Level 5
Level 5

Post by kenetics »

There's OTC stuff you can take to help with that. Even Wally World has some in their HBA section.
I haven't found anything but that homeopathic stuff that never works.

I hear wind chimes in one ear and ocean waves in the other. At times I swear I can pick up a radio talk station.
Using Mint as primary OS since 2006.
Arch_Enemy
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Arch_Enemy »

kenetics wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:49 am
I haven't found anything but that homeopathic stuff that never works.

I hear wind chimes in one ear and ocean waves in the other. At times I swear I can pick up a radio talk station.
Hopefully it's something worthwhile...

I could go for wind chimes...

One thing I would suggest, create a partition as a 50G partition as /. Partition the rest as /Home. IF the system fails, reinstall and use the exact same username and all your 'stuff' comes back to you.
karlchen
Level 23
Level 23

Post by karlchen »

Just because they have not been mentioned in this thread, though they should clearly have been on top of page 1 and because it just occurred to me I had not listened to this phantastic album from some long passed era (my youth) for too many weeks: Listening to them now Deep Purple - Burn
The people of Alderaan have been bravely fighting back the clone warriors sent out by the unscrupulous Sith Lord Palpatine for 762 days now.
Lifeline
rui no onna

Post by rui no onna »

The sound of fans whirring on our OpenSUSE server. :(
ajgringo619

Post by ajgringo619 »

Rush 2112 (Something for Nothing is my ringtone), then Live The Distance to Here.
DAMIEN1307

Post by DAMIEN1307 »

The Moody Blues, Days of Future Past album...DAMIEN
SwanRider

Post by SwanRider »

Electric Warrior - T.Rex had it from new and never get sick of listening to it
HaveaMint
Level 6
Level 6

Post by HaveaMint »

"Tune for maximum Smoke and then read the Instructions".
lexon

Post by lexon »

Local Blues music. My hearing aids have bluetooth and my iPhone has the music. Anywhere, anytime. Nice.
Sometimes at a dance with a band during intermission and no music, I put one hearing aid in my dance partner and the other in my ear and we do a dance. Amazes everyone since they cannot hear the music. Love it. Saw that in an Apple TV Ad.

L
Arch_Enemy
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Arch_Enemy »

karlchen wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:03 pm Just because they have not been mentioned in this thread, though they should clearly have been on top of page 1 and because it just occurred to me I had not listened to this phantastic album from some long passed era (my youth) for too many weeks: Listening to them now Deep Purple - Burn
My band plays songs that are "Classic Rock", but forgotten favourites: Mother's Little Helper, 19th Nervous Breakdown, Wishing Well, etc.

Arch_Enemy
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Arch_Enemy »

Return to “Open Chat”