Re: Akira: Still amazing after all these years

Post by MintBean »

....or I don't... :wink:

xenopeek
Level 24
Level 24

Post by xenopeek »

I saw it on TV or video rental a long, long time ago. I think to recall to have found it confusing at the time. It's on Netflix and I might watch it again some day.

I've seen most of Hayao Miyazaki's anime movies. I liked those a lot. Also enjoyed some anime series back in the day like Cowboy Bebop, Wolf's Rain, Samurai Champloo and a good many others whose name I can't recall.

I'd rather watch something by Akira Kurosawa though. Especially the ones with Toshiro Mifune. If that is the Akira we're talking about, I'm in full agreement :mrgreen:

ddayhtx
Level 1
Level 1

Post by ddayhtx »

xenopeek wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:06 pm
I saw it on TV or video rental a long, long time ago. I think to recall to have found it confusing at the time. It's on Netflix and I might watch it again some day.

I've seen most of Hayao Miyazaki's anime movies. I liked those a lot. Also enjoyed some anime series back in the day like Cowboy Bebop, Wolf's Rain, Samurai Champloo and a good many others whose name I can't recall.

I'd rather watch something by Akira Kurosawa though. Especially the ones with Toshiro Mifune. If that is the Akira we're talking about, I'm in full agreement :mrgreen:
Cowboy Bebop was cool. I like Tokyo Ghoul nowadays. Don't watch much other anime. I am a big fan of Ghost In The Shell though. The new movie is ok but doesn't compare to the original.

Oh, and I was referring to Akira: the film.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHZ_aAuRolY

Return to “Open chat”