<Disregard I was in error> Google Chrome Users...your going to love this!

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
DAMIEN1307

<Disregard I was in error> Google Chrome Users...your going to love this!

Post by DAMIEN1307 »

hi folks...google chrome users have just got to read this one...chrome version 66 just released and it includes Microsoft Windows Defender extension built in to run constant scans for malicious websites along with the already built in malicious website scanner that google supplies if i just read this article correctly...glad im using chromium, not chrome...i know that, yes, it can probably be turned off but the end of the article has this statement... "It also includes a link to Microsoft privacy statement because it goes without saying that an extension of such nature has to monitor people’s browsing activities"...DAMIEN

https://fossbytes.com/windows-defender- ... on-chrome/
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 30 days after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
smurphos
Level 18
Level 18

Re: Google Chrome Users...your going to love this!

Post by smurphos »

It's an extension DAMIEN, so equivalent to a Firefox Add-on. Users would have to choose to install it. I can't see anything in that article that suggests it will be preinstalled. No other extension is preinstalled in Chrome. I'm sure Chromium users could install it should they wish too.
For custom Nemo actions, useful scripts for the Cinnamon desktop, and Cinnamox themes visit my Github pages.
BigEasy
Level 6
Level 6

Post by BigEasy »

There is no such thing in my Chrome as "Microsoft Windows Defender extension". And in your, DAMIEN1307?
Hint: you can only install it from Microsoft or Chrome Web store.
Next time will better to read the articles untill full understanding what was written.
Windows assumes I'm stupid but Linux demands proof of it
DAMIEN1307

Post by DAMIEN1307 »

thank-you smurpos for the clarification...as i was reading it, it gave me the impression that google was including the extension with the new version 66...im really hoping and really hope that this would never be the case...lol...could you imagine having 2 hoover vacuums sucking and slurping info simultaneously?...a marriage truly made in hell...lol...and big easy so sorry...my mistake this very early in the morning...no need to be harsh...lol...DAMIEN
smurphos
Level 18
Level 18

Post by smurphos »

Here is El Reg's take on Chrome 66 - I'm sure if there was anything vaguely controversial they would be all over it...

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2018/04/18/chrome_66/
For custom Nemo actions, useful scripts for the Cinnamon desktop, and Cinnamox themes visit my Github pages.
BigEasy
Level 6
Level 6

Re: <Disregard I was in error> Google Chrome Users...your going to love this!

Post by BigEasy »

Concerning people's browsing activities. Our ISPs knows it much more better than Microsoft, Google and Facebook together. If somebody want to found you then he come to ISP first.
BigEasy
Level 6
Level 6

Post by BigEasy »

To make things funny (Microsoft+Chrome) let me show one video
During the presentation, 'How to migrate applications, data, and workloads to Microsoft Azure,' the presenter (Microsoft's employee) had to shift from Microsoft Edge to Google Chrome to get the work done. Because Edge hangs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4rL_Lnt6kA
lsemmens
Level 11
Level 11

Post by lsemmens »

Thanks for that link Bigeasy, made my day!
Fully mint Household
Out of my mind - please leave a message

Return to “Open Chat”