Forum login saved but no auto logon

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
vansloneker

Forum login saved but no auto logon

Post by vansloneker »

Well I couldn't find a forum specific subforum so I post it here: while my forum logon is saved, there is no auto logon when entering the forum page. I even get logged out after an undefined period of time. I am used that when I have entered my forum data, I get logged on automatically when calling a forum page. On this forum, I still have to click in the user input to have my username called, then click to logon. This behaviour is cross-platforms. I consider it annoying that I have to 'manually' logon to the Mint forums.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 30 days after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
BigEasy
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Forum login saved but no auto logon

Post by BigEasy »

Yes, I agree, It is annoing to manually logon to the any forums. Have you any question about how to get rid of such behaviour? Note: actually there is no problem to "automatically" logon to Mint forum. If you have a question then just ask.
Windows assumes I'm stupid but Linux demands proof of it
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Post by xenopeek »

At the login page tick the box to remember your login. If that doesn't work, you're either switching IP address often (login session is tied to your IP address and invalidates when somebody, even you, from another IP address tries to hijack your session with the same session id) or you have some browser setting or extension that removes cookies.
vansloneker

Post by vansloneker »

Yes indeed I do logon from various machines and IP's. I logon once with the remember me box ticked to save the entry, then remove the cookie and use Private/Incognito mode. I never keep any cookies and history unless there is a very good reason for it. I'll try with keeping that first logon cookie. However come to think of it, I do have a couple of important logons that do not auto logon even though the cookie is saved and even though it is not in Private/Incognito mode. Some do and some don't.

Anyway, if that's the consequences of my privacy concerns, I'll have to do with it.
jimallyn
Level 19
Level 19

Post by jimallyn »

vansloneker wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:07 pmI even get logged out after an undefined period of time.
I have had this problem with every forums I have ever used, and never found a solution for it. I suppose it is possible that there are forums that wouldn't log me out after some period of time, but I gave up even trying years ago.
“If the government were coming for your TVs and cars, then you'd be upset. But, as it is, they're only coming for your sons.” - Daniel Berrigan

Return to “Open Chat”