ID this old silent scary movie [Solved]

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
GS3
Level 8
Level 8

ID this old silent scary movie [Solved]

Post by GS3 »

I saw the beginning but fell asleep and now I want to know what happened. It is an old silent movie with "scary" photography. Some weird old man, lives in a scary mansion and is considered crazy by the rest of his family. He writes his will and dies. The will is to be opened twenty years after his death. Jump to twenty years after his death and relatives begin to arrive at the scary house for the opening of the will. The scary housekeeper woman is still there and makes the guests uncomfortable. The lawyer opens the will and everything goes, unexpectedly, to a young distant niece but with the condition that she has to prove by midnight that she is not crazy.

I was interested but it was moving too slowly and I fell asleep. I have tried Googling but I do not have good search terms as I do not remember of the character's names.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 30 days after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Please do not use animated GIFs in avatars because many of us find them distracting and obnoxious. Thank you.
BenTrabetere
Level 7
Level 7

Re: ID this old silent scary movie

Post by BenTrabetere »

Sounds like The Cat and the Canary. It is worth viewing even if it is not the one you seek.
Patreon sponsor since August 2022
GS3
Level 8
Level 8

Re: ID this old silent scary movie

Post by GS3 »

That's it! Thanks!

I wasn't sure whether to post the question because I figured the odds of finding the answer were very remote but you got it in one!

I found it on Youtube and can watch it now. Seems like a classic.
Please do not use animated GIFs in avatars because many of us find them distracting and obnoxious. Thank you.

Return to “Open Chat”