multiple posts, same subject

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
DAMIEN1307

multiple posts, same subject

Post by DAMIEN1307 »

hi moem...i did as you asked about with PMs yesterday...even though i sent to 2 or 3 more mods, my system shows only one other name than yours got it...dont know why...this was regarding problems with kernel 4.15.0-20 found in the update manager that appears to be buggered up and JeremyB posted in the different posts a solution that works just fine...many of the posters tried it and says it works...it works for me as well in all of my systems on their various problems with it...as you may remember, at the time i mentioned that their were multiple postings of the same subject, 2 or 3 at the time i mentioned it...there are now 10 different posts on the same subject...1 in newbies, 2 in install and boot, 6 in hardware support, 1 in networking...i know that JeremyB had to have seen the mutiples as he replied with the fix for the problem which appears to fix all the issues...am i right in assuming that multiple postings on this issue should have all been merged into the first OPs post entitled..." Trouble with 4.15.0-20 Kernel"......just asking...DAMIEN
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 30 days after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: multiple posts, same subject

Post by xenopeek »

These are the ones I found quickly. I'm not sure merging them now makes sense, though linking them once there is a clear description of issue and solution would certainly be something we should do.

viewtopic.php?f=46&t=269050

viewtopic.php?f=46&t=269049

viewtopic.php?f=49&t=269029

viewtopic.php?f=49&t=269028
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Moem »

DAMIEN1307 wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 10:38 am hi moem...i did as you asked about with PMs yesterday...
That's cool. Reporting is generally more efficient than sending PMs, and less intrusive. So I'd always favour that as a way to get the mods' attention.

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!
michael louwe

Post by michael louwe »

Are the Meltdown & Spectre patches for the Linux kernels causing problems.?
smurphos
Level 18
Level 18

Post by smurphos »

No - ubuntu appear to have changed their kernel packaging with this kernel. I guess mintupdate may need an update to recognise the new package names assuming this is a permanent change.

4.15.0.15 and prior had a linux-image-extra-xxxx - the same package in 4.15.0.20 seems to be called linux-module-extra-xxxx

Edit - dev team are on it - viewtopic.php?f=49&t=269028#p1467113
For custom Nemo actions, useful scripts for the Cinnamon desktop, and Cinnamox themes visit my Github pages.

Return to “Open Chat”