Brother Printer MFC-J5830DW

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
JerryF
Level 16
Level 16

Brother Printer MFC-J5830DW

Post by JerryF »

Hi all,

Just a FYI:

Over the past few years I've had several different brand all-in-one printers (HP, Canon, Epson). After the Epson had a black ink leakage and trying to clean that (which left it in a state of an error code that I couldn't find anywhere), I ordered the Brother printer MFC-J5830DW. I had done some research and looked on their website's support section and was pleasantly surprised.

I downloaded all the necessary DEB files. After that, the installation was fantastic! Step-by-step instructions (needs to be installed from the Terminal) were explicit. I had a small hiccup with the Brother and the PC not seeing each other, but that was due to the tweaks I had to make for the Epson to work. I edited the dll.conf file and that fixed the hiccup.

So far everything works---print, scan to PC. Copying is internal to the all-in-one printers that I had, so I've never had a problem with that feature.

I didn't attach the phone line for faxing. I will, only if I really need to use the Brother for faxing. Online services are usually sufficient for me.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 30 days after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
vansloneker

Re: Brother Printer MFC-J5830DW

Post by vansloneker »

Brother printers have an issue of clogging nozzles if you do not use them frequently. I have two of them and even a weekly test print wasn't sufficient. Not to spoil your joy but to warn you so you can prevent yourself. Once the nozzles are clogged you can't unclog them whatever you try.
JerryF
Level 16
Level 16

Re: Brother Printer MFC-J5830DW

Post by JerryF »

Thanks for that info. I've had that issue with other brand printers, so I'm not too worried.

Return to “Open Chat”