I think I'm done with Gmail. Maybe I'm even ready to pay for email?

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
106net

Re: I think I'm done with Gmail. Maybe I'm even ready to pay for email?

Post by 106net »

goo has a worst reputation than facebook,
Facebook & Atlantic Council unite: Now social media giant serves NATO’s agenda
Propaganda, spying etc,
If your not a Russophobe, try mail.ru, they have an EN setting.Strong anti spam.
Are they collecting your data , probably??? but are they likely to visit you during the night with the cattle truck due to your postings, unlikely.
ryancw
Level 1
Level 1

Post by ryancw »

Late to this thread, but relatively new on the forum. As the saying goes, if you aren't paying, you're not the customer, you're the product being sold. I pay for Fastmail and for Posteo. Well worth the money. Posteo seems to have very robust privacy policies and procedures.
rossdv8
Level 7
Level 7
Location: Within 2,000 kilometres of Alice Springs, Australia

Post by rossdv8 »

I'm still using 'Hover' webmail because I registered my surname (dot com) and set up an email address with my surname as my email address back when it was simple. The company I used to do that and host my mail server, went through a few mergers and ended up with Tucows, another company i used a lot.

Eventually that merged into Hover. So one way or another I have been with them since before the Millenium Bug.

I like them, and support has always been excellent and fast on the occasional time I needed it.
I can also use Thunderbird or other clients to access Hover should I want to.
Current main OS: MInt 21.3 with KDE Plasma 5.27 (using Compiz as WM) - Kernel: 6.5.0-15 on Lenovo m900 Tiny, i5-6400T (intel HD 530 graphics) 16GB RAM.
Sharks usually only attack you if you are wet
jimallyn
Level 19
Level 19

Post by jimallyn »

I too am sick of Google's BS. I have a been looking for a good email provider, but haven't settled on anything yet. I also hope to install an alternative OS on my Android phone, or buy a Pinephone. I am sick to death of companies spying on us and using the information they steal to their advantage. It ought to be against the law, but I don't see that changing any time soon here in corporate-owned America.
“If the government were coming for your TVs and cars, then you'd be upset. But, as it is, they're only coming for your sons.” - Daniel Berrigan
JustMe
Level 1
Level 1

Post by JustMe »

I personally use a free protonmail account for important stuff and while I have considered upgrading to the paid for more storage, I haven't gotten around to it, I also have two Gmail accounts that I mostly just use for junk stuff, but may delete one at some point, I trust Google as far as I can throw them, I also use duck duck go for search

Return to “Open Chat”