Cloudflare experiments with "tor" services

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
DAMIEN1307

Cloudflare experiments with "tor" services

Post by DAMIEN1307 »

This is a very interesting article...DAMIEN

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2018/06/0 ... _services/
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 30 days after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
catweazel
Level 19
Level 19

Re: Cloudflare experiments with "tor" services

Post by catweazel »

DAMIEN1307 wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:09 pm This is a very interesting article...
Why?
"There is, ultimately, only one truth -- cogito, ergo sum -- everything else is an assumption." - Me, my swansong.
jimallyn
Level 19
Level 19

Post by jimallyn »

catweazel wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:30 am
DAMIEN1307 wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:09 pm This is a very interesting article...
Why?
For me it is interesting because anything that could help resist government (or other) surveillance is interesting. Whether people have anything to hide or not, they should be able to use their computers and the internet without being spied on. To me, this sounds like this could be an additional step in accomplishing that. No?
“If the government were coming for your TVs and cars, then you'd be upset. But, as it is, they're only coming for your sons.” - Daniel Berrigan
catweazel
Level 19
Level 19

Post by catweazel »

jimallyn wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:09 pm For me it is interesting because anything that could help resist government (or other) surveillance is interesting. Whether people have anything to hide or not, they should be able to use their computers and the internet without being spied on. To me, this sounds like this could be an additional step in accomplishing that. No?
I don't know, to be honest. I use a VPN, and I presume Tor isn't exactly quick.
"There is, ultimately, only one truth -- cogito, ergo sum -- everything else is an assumption." - Me, my swansong.
jimallyn
Level 19
Level 19

Post by jimallyn »

I also use a VPN, and I occasionally use TOR. Still, I am interested in anything that could provide internet users more privacy and security in their web browsing.
“If the government were coming for your TVs and cars, then you'd be upset. But, as it is, they're only coming for your sons.” - Daniel Berrigan

Return to “Open Chat”