Tech Support calls

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
lsemmens
Level 11
Level 11

Tech Support calls

Post by lsemmens »

I found this whilst looking at a link from another thread. These stories might just prompt us to think twice when we get one of those customers where things may not be quite as the seem. :D
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 30 days after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Fully mint Household
Out of my mind - please leave a message
Pierre
Level 21
Level 21

Re: Tech Support calls

Post by Pierre »

Yeah - - I've read a lot of Articles from that web site,,
and of course, that particular article .. . :)

it's a nice re-read, though.
- doesn't say how long ago that stuff occurred, though.
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] - when your problem is solved!
and DO LOOK at those Unanswered Topics - - you may be able to answer some!.
Portreve
Level 13
Level 13

Re: Tech Support calls

Post by Portreve »

I used to work for Sony in their main call center in the Fort Myers, Florida area. (It isn't any longer and hasn't been since about 2006.)

I did five years there, and I'll be willing to vouch to the fact that it doesn't matter even if you try and make some crap up, it almost certainly happened at some point on some phone call somewhere.

I loved how ownership of a computer would change depending on whether the customer was happy with it (I love my Sony thus-and-such laptop!) or not (Your Sony piece of **** laptop...)

Sorry, ma'am or sir, you bought it, therefore it *is* yours, regardless of status. I'll be happy to try and assist you with it. Now, can I please have your phone number or, if you called us before, your Event ID number? Please and thank you, ya freakin' jerk.
Flying this flag in support of freedom 🇺🇦

Recommended keyboard layout: English (intl., with AltGR dead keys)

Podcasts: Linux Unplugged, Destination Linux

Also check out Thor Hartmannsson's Linux Tips YouTube Channel

Return to “Open Chat”