Parking Lots Why is it?

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
HaveaMint
Level 6
Level 6

Parking Lots Why is it?

Post by HaveaMint »

My response to another post referenced a parking spot. Why is it you can park a hundred miles from an entrance to a store and walk to the entrance hopefully to keep from getting your doors banged up by careless people in other cars just to find when you come back out several cars are parked around you with empty spaces everywhere out there?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 30 days after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
"Tune for maximum Smoke and then read the Instructions".
AZgl1800
Level 20
Level 20
Location: Oklahoma where the wind comes Sweeping down the Plains

Re: Parking Lots Why is it?

Post by AZgl1800 »

that is called the Law of Gravity.

Your car is the center of the core, and attracts the idiots all over the galaxy and they slide into next to you, so you can't even open your door to get behind the wheel.

grrrrr!
LM21.3 Cinnamon ASUS FX705GM | Donate to Mint https://www.patreon.com/linux_mint
catweazel
Level 19
Level 19

Post by catweazel »

HaveaMint wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:47 am My response to another post referenced a parking spot. Why is it you can park a hundred miles from an entrance to a store and walk to the entrance hopefully to keep from getting your doors banged up by careless people in other cars just to find when you come back out several cars are parked around you with empty spaces everywhere out there?
@AZgl1500 is on the right track but not quite all there, so to speak :mrgreen:

The universe is a massive creation engine and will give you whatever you want. However the universe is somewhat dumb so it will also give you whatever you don't want if you think about it too much. So, the solution is to stop fretting over the possibility that your doors will get banged up because this will attract door bangers like moths to a flame.
"There is, ultimately, only one truth -- cogito, ergo sum -- everything else is an assumption." - Me, my swansong.
Portreve
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Portreve »

HaveaMint wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:47 amParking Lots Why is it?
Because we don't know how to park a little in this country.
Flying this flag in support of freedom 🇺🇦

Recommended keyboard layout: English (intl., with AltGR dead keys)

Podcasts: Linux Unplugged, Destination Linux

Also check out Thor Hartmannsson's Linux Tips YouTube Channel
BenTrabetere
Level 7
Level 7

Post by BenTrabetere »

Portreve wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:07 pm Because we don't know how to park a little in this country.
We are even less adept at driving in a parking lot. Just today I saw someone driving across the middle of a busy parking lot, weaving through the gaps in the rows of parked cars.

For some people their purpose in life is to be a warning to others.
Patreon sponsor since August 2022
lsemmens
Level 11
Level 11

Post by lsemmens »

BenTrabetere wrote: Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:07 am For some people their purpose in life is to be a warning to others.
I like it! So true!

If you want to protect your car from idiots, just make sure your car looks like the worst car on the lot.
Fully mint Household
Out of my mind - please leave a message
octathlon
Level 2
Level 2

Post by octathlon »

This is a natural phenomenon. Cities are supersaturated with cars, so anywhere a car is parked, it acts as a "seed" and a "crystal" of cars immediately begins to form around it. :wink:
Full-time Linux user since 2007, Mint since 2014
JerryF
Level 16
Level 16

Post by JerryF »

I love the responses!

I honestly think that people do that is this: most want to leave their car next to others for fear of it getting "eyed" as the first for would-be thieves, but they don't want to park them in a crowded area because most don't want to and/or know how to park between two cars.

Plus, most people---hmmm, let's just say the current doesn't go all the way to their "on-board" computer. :roll:
stephanieswitzer
Level 4
Level 4

Post by stephanieswitzer »

Nice looking cars are just like a nice looking woman standing alone at the bar... They attract lots of weirdo's :D
Mac-Mini running Linux Mint 20.3 Cinnamon, Intel© Core™ i5-2415M CPU @ 2.30GHz
MacBookPro9,2 running Linux Mint Cinnamon 20.3 Intel Core i5-3210M CPU @ 3.20GHz
System76 Galago Pro 4, running Linux Mint Cinnamon 20.3 Intel i5-1021 CPU @ 4.2 Ghz
BG405
Level 9
Level 9

Post by BG405 »

This was brought up on the Pistonheads forum some time ago. It seems to be a herding instinct. I also think that some people are using the other vehicle as a position reference; some people seem to be incapable of parking between the lines. :roll:
Dell Inspiron 1525 - LM17.3 CE 64-------------------Lenovo T440 - Manjaro KDE with Mint VMs
Toshiba NB250 - Manjaro KDE------------------------Acer Aspire One D255E - LM21.3 Xfce
Acer Aspire E11 ES1-111M - LM18.2 KDE 64 ----Two ROMS don't make a WRITE
JerryF
Level 16
Level 16

Post by JerryF »

I am so loving this thread!!!

Return to “Open Chat”