Hurrah

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
Ozo

Hurrah

Post by Ozo »

This mornings news was the best. The young men trapped in a cave in Thailand are all OK. While it will be some time before they actually are reunited with their families, they are ALL in good health after 10 (9) days in the dark. There are tears in my eyes just typing this.:D
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 30 days after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
lsemmens
Level 11
Level 11

Re: Hurrah

Post by lsemmens »

Yes, I saw that. It is, indeed good news, considering they were lost underground for 9 days, I'm guessing most of that in the the pitch darkness, they seem to be in remarkable health. Food would have been at a premium, too, I suspect. Getting them out is going to be an adventure in itself. I suspect there will be a movie made based on this in future.
Fully mint Household
Out of my mind - please leave a message
Pierre
Level 21
Level 21

Post by Pierre »

the main issue seems to be getting them, one at a time, though that very narrow runel,
that's between two of the several caves, that they had passed though.

"Luckily the coach had the sanity of mind to keep them all together,
huddled together to conserve their energy, that basically saved them."
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] - when your problem is solved!
and DO LOOK at those Unanswered Topics - - you may be able to answer some!.
Portreve
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Portreve »

As I understand it, Elon Musk and his team are as we speak conducting tests on a micro submarine to help get in there to rescue the remainder.

I'm very happy to know they are in the process of being rescued. There's such a daily barrage of really awful news that anything positive is immensely welcome.
Flying this flag in support of freedom 🇺🇦

Recommended keyboard layout: English (intl., with AltGR dead keys)

Podcasts: Linux Unplugged, Destination Linux

Also check out Thor Hartmannsson's Linux Tips YouTube Channel
Ozo

Post by Ozo »

Monday: 8 boys are out and four remain along with the coach. It seems that there is only enough air tanks for four to be rescued in a 24 hour period. The divers are required to leave the area to refill.

The world waits for the news of them all free and healthy. One fatality has already occurred as one diver has died.

Return to “Open Chat”